RussJ

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RussJ, Jan 5, 2004.

1. RussJ

RussJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My new E60 is installed in a cupboard with glass doors but unfortunately the door frame obscures the IR "eye" which means I can't get line of sight with the doors closed. As a result the remote doesn't work unless I open the doors. My old JVC VCR had no problems despite being in a similar position and would happily function if the remote was just waved in the general direction of the recorder.
    Is the Panasonic remote particularly weak or the "eye" insensitive? (batteries are brand new).
    I guess the only option is to buy an extender...

2. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem, I have to sit on the other end of the sofa to use the remote and it very annoying. I guess it's just weak :-(

3. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panny HS2 and it's the only box on my AV stand (positioned at a right-angle to my telly) that I have trouble operating from my sofa - 3m at 50degrees away. Everything else - inc. a Panny VCR as well as an Arcam dvd and Denon amp - can be controlled fine. T'is a bit annoying having to lean forward before I can tape anything ;)

dan.

4. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    There are remote extenders you can use, they pickup a signal using a small reciever, convert to RF pump it to another transmitter which you can position inside the cabinet.
    Try Keane Electronics, I think it is called "remote extender"

Ged