Russian/Eastern cigarettes

There are EU regulations that restrict the measured tar and nicotine content of all cigarettes either sold in, or made in (even for export) the EU. Thus you will never (legitimately) get more than 1mg Nic, 10mg Tar even from a "full strength" smoke. (Capstan used to be almost FOUR times this in their heyday).

So for greater "satisfaction" you will have to import from outside the EU.

Has anyone heard or tried Mocne cigarettes?

Been talking to some pols I know and they recommended them.

Has anyone heard or tried Mocne cigarettes?

Been talking to some pols I know and they recommended them.

Never heard of them, but apparently Polish:

Mocne - Wikipedia

So will be subject to the same EU 10mg / 1mg limits. I assume the only way to get anything stronger is to import from outside the EU, but I don't think that would be legal?

(I actually got "stung" many years ago, trying to save a few quid by buying fags online, which were imported (can't remember where from, maybe Andorra?). They were actually about 40-50% cheaper than UK prices, so worth a punt I thought. Anyway, although not a "scam", in the sense that they did ship the fags paid for, they underplayed the customs risk. Unfortunately having ordered 1000 fags four out of the five packs of 200 shipped got intercepted by UK customs. I know this because for every pack seized, they sent me a threatening letter warning of potential prosecution for repeat offences.

For some reason, one pack of 200 did slip through, but they ended up being a very expensive buy...I did ask the site for a refund on the ones that got seized, but predictably they told me to do one).

In all honesty whilst i would love to get hold of stronger than the 10/1mg limit, compared to the current Reds i am smoking which i believe are now 7mg tar 0.5mg nicotine (its hard to know for sure nowadays), the 10mg & 1mg is quite an increase.

I have ordered from Australia before, but like you mine were seized by customs. Though again one pack got through and they were still only at the (then) current uk level.

I sense that if i do need to go stronger that i will have to order them from Africa or Russia. As far as i am aware (but i would need to check) its not illegal to order them from outside of the EU as long as the duty is paid on them, it will make them very expensive but is at least an option.

Hopefully, though being a polish brand the Mocne will still be produced at the Max allowed strength due to smoking being far more common in Poland. I have sent an email to Imperial Tobacco asking them what the strength is. I have found the Tobacco companies to be very good at replying (takes a few days though), but then i guess they have a very good incentive to keep customers happy.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that New Zealand (!) is one country where typical strengths are higher. But the only legitimate way to obtain is to travel, and bring either 200 at a time - or more but declare them. As in - I don't believe it is illegal to personally import stronger smokes from outside the EU as long as you pay the (huge) taxes due.

There is always Switzerland which is not, I believe, subject to any equivalent rule, either. And it's a lot nearer......

One more question as I'm very pleasantly surprised at the knowledge of folks on here given the subject. :)

Does anyone know if the filters on cigarettes actually makes any difference health wise (strange question I know :rolleyes:) or are they there to give the impression of doing something good as I have always personally believed?

Reason I ask is because I tried my marlboro's yesterday (I have 800 ish left in stock from duty free) with the filter snapped off. They are still to weak, but it definitely increased the strength.

Also managed to try an embassy no 1 red yesterday with the filter removed and that was quite a difference taste wise.

Edit
Found the answer, if anything filters are worse for you

Last edited:
Has anyone tried clove or kretek cigarettes?

I've been continuing my research/trying and have come across them. The tar/nicotine level is amazing (Marlboro black is 28mg 1.9mg)

However having never smoked a clove cigarette, I've no idea how they compare to regular cigarettes

Very odd flavour and effect - remember you apply clove oil if you have tooth ache because its anesthetic effects, not as strong an effect when smoking but still slightly numbing.

Also smell odd and back in the day of inside smoking could get some questioning what you were smoking - doesnt smell like other substances but is doesnt smell like tobacco either.

The proportion of clove can vary between brands etc, have no idea where on the scale the few I smoked back in the day were.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom