Russia World Cup 2018 Qualifying

Does it make any difference?

306.gif

Decent, should have scored in the first 2 minutes too.

Jones playing with an injury and further injured on international duty. What a surprise. Lindelof and Darmian prove that they can play well for their countries with Jose watching. We can only hope.

It’s actually been a decent game so far. .

Dragged myself to watch it, and the best we have played for a couple of seasons.

I kept an eye on it (there is the Grand Slam Of Darts on after all) and the Danes certainly played better than James Wade, going very close at the end, Randolph forced to make a good save from Poulsen's header. ROI will have Meyler back for Tuesday for the winner takes all shoot-out.

2 poor teams tonight.
Denmark play a fancy hoofball, Ireland just the old fashioned type.

Northern Ireland put up a good show tonight in Basel, and if they had played like that in Belfast the tie might have been different.

But overall I think the best team progressed. They could have had 3 or 4 tonight.

I only saw the first half so just found out the result. Disappointing they couldn't manage a goal. I suppose it is scant consolation that the Swiss will go absolutely nowhere in the tournament with that team.

Switzerland had an amazing qualifying campaign, and were unlucky not to qualify outright. They had a better record than 5 other group winners.

The tension of a playoff scenario is never going to produce high quality games, just look at all the other 1st leg results.

They will do alright I reckon.

The tension of a play-off scenario is never going to produce high quality games, just look at all the other 1st leg results.

That's true. Barely a goal among the other ties. Maybe tonight will be just as tight and intense. Italy have to win to ensure they don't miss out on qualification for the first time in sixty years.

Unbelievable. Italy out.

No Holland or Chile at the WC either, doesn’t seem quite right.

As for Sweden, hopefully they’ll persuade Zlatan to come out of retirement just for the WC.

So England aren't the only "big football nation" with crap managers. Ventura has probably resigned or been sacked already. Where was Insigne?

Nice to see this from Lindelof.

View attachment 938050

There has been a real dearth of goals in these WC qualifiers.
Is it down to good defending, cr@p forwards or negative tactics and fear of losing? I'm going with the latter.

Results since the qualifiers started:
Croatia 4 - 1 Greece
NI 0 - 0 Switzerland
Sweden 1 - 0 Italy
Honduras 0 - 0 Australia
Denmark 0 - 0 Ireland
NZ 0 - 0 Peru
Switzerland 0 - 0 NI
Greece 0 - 0 Croatia
Italy 0 - 0 Sweden
Ireland ? - ? Denmark

9 games, 7 nil nils, 1 with 1 goal. Shocking.
And lets be honest, there ain't going to be a tsunami of goals in Dublin tonight !!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom