Russia Hitting ISIS Hard!

Suave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Fascinating video detailing the various Russian Armed Forces reporting to President Putin detailing progress & activity reports of their anti-ISIS operations - they really seem to mean business and are hitting ISIS very hard indeed.

Suave!

I'm sure they are bombing, not so sure I would believe who they are bombing, their terrorist targets are our allies, is normally how it goes.
Russia have enough weaponary to deal with ISIS by themselves, along with everyone else currently involved. Makes you wonder why we are desperate to get involved.

Last edited:
I'm sure they are bombing, not so sure I would believe who they are bombing, their terrorist targets are our allies, is normally how it goes.
Russia alone have enough to deal with ISIS alone, along with everyone else currently involved. Makes you wonder why we are desperate to get involved.

Hi,

Maybe, it is because along with the USA, we in the West created this nightmare in the first place like we did in Iraq, Libya etc?

Russia alone have enough to deal with ISIS alone, along with everyone else currently involved. Makes you wonder why we are desperate to get involved.
Because the "UK is a world superpower", don't want anyone to forget it :rotfl:

Amazing insight into Russian military operations.

They will also be bombing those fighting against Assad don't think for one minute they are solely going for ISIS targets.....

No more hungry hippos. I want this area, you want that area, I'll bomb these if you bomb those.

1447787241142.jpg

They will also be bombing those fighting against Assad don't think for one minute they are solely going for ISIS targets.....

Hi,

It was pretty much stated at the G20 Summit by President Putin & I believe the French that the Russians will not be targeting Anti Assad Groups & will be working with them to deal with ISIS.

As noted in the video above, President Putin gave direct orders to his Commanders to work jointly with the French Naval Forces that will soon be in the area.

Having said that, just because the Anti-Assad forces are fighting against ISIS today, does not mean that they are all suddenly nice guys - there are no nice groups in this mess - The only reason the West is probably supporting them is to remove Assad, just like we idid initially with ISIS.

I've no doubt Russia are hitting ISIL hard given the airliner they claimed to have downed. But I'm not fooled - Putin is a staunch supporter of Assad, so they'll be hitting everyone hard that are against his regime. Apart from the western coalition, obviously.

Hi,

Maybe, it is because along with the USA, we in the West created this nightmare in the first place like we did in Iraq, Libya etc?

Good evening,

Admirable faith you have...

For sure in part Iraq is to blame, we and the rest of coalition left far too soon, around 25 years too early, and we disenfranchised the fallen Sunni elite (baath), now heading up ISIS.

Then we fell out with Assad around the same time as the Qatar pipeline (2009) was announced, Gas to Europe via Turkey is what it’s all about and the control of it. Russia uses Syria to achieve the aim of Europe having no other source of Gas.

We stamped on Libya for some grandiose legacy and ran quickly as possible, before we could get economically pinned for it.

All in all, a fine mess, the only comparable model we have is Northern Ireland with the peace process around 30 years without checking. Yep 30 years, I don’t think so either.

Hi,As noted in the video above, President Putin gave direct orders to his Commanders to work jointly with the French Naval Forces that will soon be in the area.
Have we forgotten about Ukraine/Crimea already?

Putin is a KGB man, peddles in misinformation, just like the downed plane in Ukraine.
Russia have two departments for everything, the right hand does the propaganda, while the left hand does its bidding. We are in business of trusting Russia!

Last edited:
Hi,

It was pretty much stated at the G20 Summit by President Putin & I believe the French that the Russians will not be targeting Anti Assad Groups & will be working with them to deal with ISIS.

As noted in the video above, President Putin gave direct orders to his Commanders to work jointly with the French Naval Forces that will soon be in the area.

Having said that, just because the Anti-Assad forces are fighting against ISIS today, does not mean that they are all suddenly nice guys - there are no nice groups in this mess - The only reason the West is probably supporting them is to remove Assad, just like we idid initially with ISIS.

Couldn't give a shite what he stated at the summit after what he did in Ukraine

Good evening,

Admirable faith you have...

For sure in part Iraq is to blame, we and the rest of coalition left far too soon, around 25 years too early, and we disenfranchised the fallen Sunni elite (baath), now heading up ISIS.

Then we fell out with Assad around the same time as the Qatar pipeline (2009) was announced, Gas to Europe via Turkey is what it’s all about and the control of it. Russia uses Syria to achieve the aim of Europe having no other source of Gas.

We stamped on Libya for some grandiose legacy and ran quickly as possible, before we could get economically pinned for it.

All in all, a fine mess, the only comparable model we have is Northern Ireland with the peace process around 30 years without checking. Yep 30 years, I don’t think so either.

Have we forgotten about Ukraine/Crimea already?

Putin is a KGB man, peddles in misinformation, just like the downed plane in Ukraine.
Russia have two departments for everything, the right hand does the propaganda, while the left hand does its bidding. We are in business of trusting Russia!

Hi,

Well, my ‘faith’ as you call it is based on my own independent assessment of things based in the information available & not the downing of the never ending propaganda Kool-Aid that all governments engage in - ours & the West being the very worst culprits in my opinion.

Not only did we leave Iraq way too soon, we started an illegal war based on fake manufactured propaganda that killed Millions & left many more Millions destitute. We then did the same in Libya opening up the areas to numerous extremist groups when they did not exist before we intervened - great strategy huh? Along with the Saudi’s, we also created both the Taliban & Al-Qaeda which we live to regret to this day.

Libya was transitioning itself into a non-paraiah status & Gaddafi was openly stating & encouraging other countries to abandon terror & to work with the West but in our quest to carve up the Middle East & remove most of it’s leader’s for our own ends, we have consistently engaged in "regime change” for our own ends & hardly to promote peace, stability or democracy. You have hit it on the head, we have engaged on the systematic destruction of the ME purely to have control of the regions resources - I am sure the hawks in Washington felt justified in having 10, 20, 30 years of death & instability in the region if the ultimate aim of controlling & having influence over the energy & politics of the regions over the long term - my view is that for them, it is a small price to pay in the overall scheme of things.

As for Ukraine, I am not so quick to believe the Western propaganda as others might - history has taught us that if anyone does not agree with the objectives of the Americans, then the BS campaign of propaganda starts it’s wheels of motion turning knowing full well that it will always have the support of its allies regardless of the facts or truths. After the fall of the Soviet Union, the Russians were were given absolute guarantees that no former Warsaw Pact States would be allowed to join Nato but very soon after, the West violated the agreement. I am of the camp that that the US organised coup of the democratically elected government is hardly democratic in itself. I suggest you read up on the very close relationship that Russia has had with Ukraine for centuries & the motives for the West to destabilise the region against Moscow. The Russian State was founded in Kiev as was the Russian Orthodox Church which both Ukrainians & Russians mainly adhere to - remember that 40% of all Ukrainians are Russians & the rest have some Russian ethnicity - they are either brother and/or cousin ethnicities for the main.

The exercise in Ukraine was nothing less than a blatant attempt by the West weaken Russia’s economic & political influence in the area - after all, anyone that defies Washington, must either be contained, removed or destroyed. They want to be the only sole, unchallengeable super power on the planet & cannot stand that anyone dare challenge them.

I found it very interesting indeed that when Obama’s popularity domestically started to wane, he did the same old trick that most of his predecessors did - find an old enemy (or create one) & shift all blame & attention on that on order to detract attention from your own perceived disastrous policies at home - it is the oldest political trick in the book.

The US organised the overthrow of their own puppet in the Shah of Iran by supporting hardline mullahs & lived to regret it & that the world is still dealing with today. Even when dealing with the Iranians decades ago to free hostages which involved a long, hard & arduous negotiations that took years - the Iranians kept their part of the bargain but within 24 hours the Americans, blatantly violated theirs. Maybe, just maybe, if they had kept their word, things between the USA ( & hence the rest of the World) & Iran might not be so bad today?

You mention Putin was a KGB man - yes, so what? you honestly think that the CIA chums are any better? If you have been been keeping up with the Republican Presidential Campaigns, some of the runners are openly calling for War against Russia just to make them more attractive to voters - policy is to start a war first & deal with issues/consequences later - sound familiar?

Interesting that it is not this former KGB man who is not the one starting illegal wars wars & undemocratic., unlawful regime changes all over the place - we would need to look closer to home for that - maybe the truth is just to hard to stomach even when it is indisputable so your last comment of Russia having two departments for everything applies far more to us in the West if you take the facts of history into account.

It is strange world we live in when various US Presidents (& the various Eunuch world Leaders that blindly support them) under the banner of such emotive terms as Freedom, Democracy etc have acted more like Dictators & Emperors & a former Communist KGB man is more democratic than them.

Just to note, Putin was not responsible for creating the Mullahs of Iran, supporting the despicable Wahabi regimes of Saudi Arabia, creating Al-Qeada or ISIS - we are. Nor was Putin responsible for causing the deaths of Millions of people in the Middle East & displacing Millions more by starting illegal wars & following the same flawed strategy just to appease American self interests - we are.

Suave!

I've no doubt Russia are hitting ISIL hard given the airliner they claimed to have downed. But I'm not fooled - Putin is a staunch supporter of Assad, so they'll be hitting everyone hard that are against his regime. Apart from the western coalition, obviously.

I have to wonder if Russia has the right way of approaching this though. As much as it goes against the bone living in a democracy it seems that stability is only maintained with a dictatorship in some regions of the world.

As much as we may not agree and loathe the idea, once the dictatorship is removed insurgents have free roam to expand and in turn have become the greatest threat to the region and in turn us.

Sad indeed for me to say that I trust the great Russian enemy only marginally less than our own governments.

Looking at what the West have achieved recently in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria, I fully support the Russians getting involved.

If Trump get's into office, there'll be a war with Iran too.

Of course, let's not forget that in the mix we also have a local war between the Kurds and Turkey.
So, Muslim vs Muslim, Turks vs Kurds, Russians vs everyone except Assad, the West against Assad and Daesh, Daesh against everyone, Iran against Daesh, the US implacably opposed to Iran but seemingly working with their enemy against a different enemy.
All that in one small corner of the Middle East.
Then we have Daesh sympathisers all across the Middle East and North Africa. France is having quite a fight of things in the middle of Africa (Mali etc).
Then presumably al Qaeda are wondering what they need to do to get back to centre stage, Hezbollah are still kicking up and God only knows who else is lurking in the shadows.

Do you think that at some stage down the line historians will look at all this and wonder how we didn't declare the start of WW3 years ago?

The big picture aside - kudos to the SAS for their hugely important role in the killing of so-called Jihadi John. Nice one, lads.

Corbyn would have invited him around for tea to see if there was something they could sort out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom