1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russ andrew yello cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by chemicalbrother, Oct 26, 2005.

1. chemicalbrother

chemicalbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering about getting some russ andrew yello cable for £30 does anyone else have this cable ? can you tell the differenc in sound quality/picture?
    regards dan

2. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All my signal and power cables as well as mains boxes are RA and Kimber. I dont know much about the low cost Yellow's as I have the high cost Reference stuff (£££££!!!!!!).

There is ageneerallya divide in this site with half saying it does the others saying not.

Listen for yourself and send it back if it dont work for you.

I swear by the high end RA stuff meself.

Dil

3. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Mark Grant (sse the cable powerbuys section) will make up 1m mains cables for £35. Judging by the quality of the rest of his cable range, the mains cables should offer excellent value for money.

Drop Mark a PM and see what he can do.

4. chemicalbrother

chemicalbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks for the repleys

5. hamster

hamster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Don't forget about the other 20m of cable in the wall....

6. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    No. There will be no difference. Spend your money on some CDs/DVDs and get some genuine enjoyment from your kit. :)

7. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Eh :confused:

I'll think you'll find it's less than 1% agreeing with you :rolleyes:

8. chemicalbrother

chemicalbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol dont know what to do now!

9. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Chemicalbrother,
    What are you looking for? Is your mains noisy? Are you unhappy with your current set up or do you just have the 'What if I do this? Will it make a difference?' twitch?
    If it's the latter then you could by all means try them. Who knows they might work on your equipment. I believe you can return them for a refund if they don't work.
    If it's the former then save the money and get some different equipment.
    If it's the 2nd one then you need to fix the problem at source before you worry about cables.
    Personally i'm of the opinion that mains cables are simply mains cables how ever much you pay for them. The expensive ones I'll grant you do look pretty.
    A good mains filter may make a difference. A dedicated ring main or seperate spur would also make a difference. Possibly adding ferite clips to your existing mains cables will have a positive effect.
    Think on it before you commit yourself.

10. chemicalbrother

chemicalbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i thinking of getting them just to see if i can tell the gains in quality if they make any difference. i think that a small gain can be achieved by the relativly cheap cables but i wouldnt waste my money on the expensive ones, i do believe that a different material etc can improve signal/picture/sound quality. i was just wondering if anyone else on this forum had/has any of these kinds of cable, to see if they were worth buying

11. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I use Yellow cables with all of my active speakers as well as some of my other kit, to be honest I didn't notice much of a difference (if any). They do however look great and hang and bend properly. I also have one of Gordon's power cables, that did make a difference in sound quality, but it's huge and hardly bends at all!.

12. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Gordon or the cable :)

Yes they can work if the design is intended to deal with the problem you have with the mains. RA and Mark G cables are designed with different problems in mind.

To be honest I think there are better ways in dealing with the mains issues, and it something that is 'over hyped' but many of these device 'can' do something it is just that something is often pretty small in the big scheme of things and there are nearly always better ways of solving the problem, if you have one at all. Many of us don't have mains issues and they are therefore of limted use. I do like the yellow however as it does no wrong, allot right, looks cool and bends easily.