1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rush Hour Region 1 translation?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by number_15, Oct 1, 2002.

1. number_15

number_15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All
    I was just wondering if anyone had a copy of the region 1 version of Rush Hour? I bought the R2 version a few days back and annoyingly none of the Chinese dialogue (e.g. during the opening sequence with the bad guy and then a few minutes later with the kid) had english subtitles. Even my VHS copy translated the few moments of Chinese into English. I was wondering if it was worth splashing out on the R1 version (these sort of faults really get to me) or does this suffer the same problem? Alternatively I suppose that I could always learn Mandarin!

Thanks
    Billy

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94

You could do but it won't do any good. That bit is in Cantonese. :D

3. loafer316

loafer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the R1 version (was one the first DVD's i bought along with blade 3.5 yrs ago......how time flys...oopps sorry!!..LOL)

Anyway on this copy the scene with the bad guy on the boat and the necklace thing with the consolates daughter all have translation subtitles in the film.

Don't know about now but when i bought it years ago it came with a snapper cardboard case...if thats a problem for some.

4. number_15

number_15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response, looks like I'll put it down to experience and opt for the R1 version then (hope the case isn't card these days though).