running two subs from one signal

john01707

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of running my two svs subs together but only using one signal. rather than run another sub cable from the processor which would be a considerable amount of grief as they are all hidden in the ceiling,i was wondering if anyone had tried splitting the .1 signal via an rca "y" cord and feeding both subs from the one supply.

Generally speaking, I don't think there is a likely problem with splitting the signal as such. It's more about compensating for distance/phase/volume settings where necessary with two subs in different places/distances from the listening position sharing a single set of processor settings.

Your SVS subs have in/out so just use them. Disable any processing on the output though (high pass) just want it straight through.

Thanks for the replys, I shall have a look at this today. I was thinking of having the pb13 ultra stay at 25hz setting and the pb12plus 2 set at the 16hz configuration, to maximise the upper mid and lowest frequencies. Not sure if this will work. By the way I have the non working amp out now, if anyone knows how to repair them they can have it for the postage or pick it up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom