Running two sky boxes off one dish?

S

shotgun365

Hi I currently have sky + installed in our living room and run a cable to our bedroom tv with an additional remote. However I was wondering if it would be possible to install a second sky box in our bedroom so that we can watch two different channels at once without having to pay for sky multi room. I am not bothered about watching the subscription channels in the bedroom as long as we can get the freeview channels such as bbc 1. Our analogue mast is due to be turned off shortly and we are not in an area that can receive a digital tv signal. Any suggestions?

Can you see the LNB?

(The bit in front of the dish with cables running from it into the house)

You probably have two cables, but are there another two outlets, not used?

If so, then you'll need to run cables from those spare outlets into the bedroom.

If there are no spare outlets, then you'll need to replace the LNB with a quad version, so you can have four cables.

If all this means using a ladder, then better get an installer involved.

Good luck. :smashin:

(Are you certain you can't get Freeview after DSO?)

As you have two connections from the dish for Sky+ it's very likely that another two will be available so that you can run a cable to the other room for a Sky, Freesat, or generic, satellite receiver for the free channels. http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1307423-free-satellite-freesatfromsky-freesat.html
Freeview is nothing to do with that though - it's terrestrial digital TV from the aerial, and it would be very odd if you were not able to receive that after the digital switchover. Freeview Availability

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom