• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Running TVDrive feed thru a DVD recorder problems

Tigerblade

Distinguished Member
Just setting up a Panasonic DMR-ES15 up on a setup with TVDrive and am having a few probs.

The TVDrive is connected to the tv using HDMI and I've run a scart from the TVD -> DVD Recorder -> TV but the signal is VERY poor, looks like macro to me, black and white to colour and back, and when you press home or change channels there is no information box displayed.

Where am I going wrong and what do I need to do to get it displaying correctly? :lease:

Will I need to run composite cables from the TVD -> DVD then scart to tv? Doesn't make any sense to me :confused:

Tigerblade

Distinguished Member
Ok sorted the macro, colour loss thing.

Problem still with information display and 'home', 'TVDrive' menu's......

Is this something to do with the TVD being set to HD?

buffalo2102

Established Member
The VCR scart on the TV Drive is designed so that the menus do not appear. This is so that if you are recording to a VCR/DVD and watching TV at the same time then the menus do not appear all over the recording when you access them.

The VCR scart is also designed to only be used when backing up content to a VCR/DVD using the built in TV Drive copy feature. The picture is good when copying but pretty poor at all other times.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom