1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running Sub cables in wall cavities

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by matblack, Apr 30, 2005.

1. matblack

Jul 30, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I'll planning my cable install for the cellar and I can't quite get to grips with how best to route a sub cable. Ideally I thought I could run a pre made cable in the cavity and then have RCA to RCA sockets set in wall plates at either end, but I can't seem to source RCA to RCA wall plate sockets :confused: If you have had a similar dilema what have you done to solve it? The other way I can see is to get a blank wall plate and rill a hole to take the cable, thus eliminating two connections from the equation but this would reduce the flexibility :lease: help

After doing a bit of reading it seems that using a shielded cable might reduce some of the low hum my sub produces (it is already grounded back to the amp, which stop the horendous hum problem I had before). Would it be a good idea to use CT100 to run behind the wall, rather than a premade cable? And should I make the patch cables to run from the wall plates to the amp and sub from the same thing?