Running speaker cable and sub cable outside then back in: What cable?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Hockeynut, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Hockeynut

Hockeynut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,
    I'm looking to move the TV & Amp etc to a different location in the lounge. But there's no room for the sub there, plus the speaker cable for the surround sound side/back speakers runs under a solid oak floor. I have no way of getting over to them in a concealed way, it has for pass by the fireplace.

So I was planning on taking the cables outside and bringing them back in where required. So...

1. The sub cable. It's run from a single phono lead on the amp, into the sub. So one of these out near the sub, and then run the cable outside, then back in another one of these and into the sub.
    [​IMG]
    Are there some special cables which would be good enough to run the outside length?

2. I will need to do the same for the rear surrounds as their cables start near where the TV used to be, so more of these I was thinking. Same again, a quick outside run and then back in.
    [​IMG]
    Is there any particular speaker cable which would be suitable for this and stand upto outside conditions?

Thanks.

2. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,536
    I'd suggest using outdoor 75 Ohm coaxial aerial cable for the subwoofer run and 13A two-core outdoor electrical cable for the speaker runs. These will be more than adequate electrically and sufficiently weather proof to take the adverse atmospheric conditions.