Running sound through amp..

Status
Not open for further replies.

PygoShlee

Hi guys

Basically, I've just gone and bought myself a new PC. (About time).

Anyways, after setting everything up, I ran the PC through my amp over HDMI, which obviously looked pretty good and the sound came through it, but I've had to change over to a normal monitor cable as the HDMI didnt display text very nicely, ending up in giving me a headache/ feeling drunk.

Now basically what im wondering, is there any way I can run the PC through the TV input, and have sound through the amp still?

Bit of a beginner at this sort of thing.

I have an Onkyo 507 amp, and the GFX card I have is a GeForce GTS 450.

Cheers guys

Ash

rorackowe

what tv are you using? What was the issue with the tv and text? Can you get native panel resolution i.e. 1920x1080 if "Full HD" tv or 1366x768 if "HD ready"? May also be an underscan or overscan issue with the graphics card drivers or tv settings that will improve your image and text rendering.

PygoShlee

Its an older Samsung plasma, 42". Its not full HD, 1080i maximum.

The text just looked blurry, and really hard to read. Now I'm using a monitor cable it looks very sharp as does everything else, and thats using 1024 x 768 resolution.

Just wondering if I can still output audio through the amp whilst using the standard monitor cable, i.e what else would I need/ to do?

Cheers

Ash

AML

If both the TV and the Amp are have HDMI then just plug the PC into the amp through HDMI (for sound) then from the amp to the TV via HDMI. (for picture)

Theres no reason why the text should look blurry. HDMI is exactly the same as using DVI and both are better than using RGB. Its just a connection.

Chances are when you were using HDMI you didnt have it set properly. (windows)

Ive been using HDMI to 2 different displays for a while now and I have no problem reading text. It appears as it did when I was using DVI.

Im not sure if you can use two cables at the same time, but you should be able to. So the other option would be HDMI to amp for sound, then DVI or RGB to display for picture.

PygoShlee

If both the TV and the Amp are have HDMI then just plug the PC into the amp through HDMI (for sound) then from the amp to the TV via HDMI. (for picture)

Theres no reason why the text should look blurry. HDMI is exactly the same as using DVI and both are better than using RGB. Its just a connection.

Chances are when you were using HDMI you didnt have it set properly. (windows)

Ive been using HDMI to 2 different displays for a while now and I have no problem reading text. It appears as it did when I was using DVI.

Im not sure if you can use two cables at the same time, but you should be able to. So the other option would be HDMI to amp for sound, then DVI or RGB to display for picture.
Cheers.

The only problem I have for using the 2 cables, is that obviously the DVI cable is on the PC input on my TV, and the amp is put through HDMI channel, so don't think that would work..

I'll try using just the HDMI again and see if I can work something out!

Cheers

Ash

PygoShlee

Oh ive sorted it now.. cheers lads!

Just put the HDMI back in and for some reason looks perfect. Typical :laugh:

Can be closed by a mod now if possible :)

Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom