Running sky/virgin to second tv

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by chr18_8, Jun 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. chr18_8

chr18_8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Im currently refurbing my bungalow at the moment.

I'm planning to have either sky or virgin in the living room but not sure which. Currently the plaster has been hacked off the walls as most of it was 'live'.

While I'm doing all the work I'm thinking about running a cable if possible so I could watch the sky/virgin in the bedroom as well. I know with sky you could connect to the aerial splitter and watch the same as displayed in the living room in all the other rooms. I would be happy enough with this but not sure if it would be possible with the more modern boxes?

The tv in the living room will hopefully give me the option of 4k (depending on the sky/virgin package I get). The tv in the bedroom im not really bothered about though. All tv's in the house will eventually be smart tv's with a cat 5e cable ran to them as well as a coax cable.

I wanted to avoid a HDMI cable if possible as the run will be about 15m and almost impossible to replace if needed.

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,313
    Sky Q does NOT have RF output to feed other rooms - it uses WiFi or ethernet cable to connect to mini boxes in other rooms. A multiscreen subscription is required for 4k so no extra sub cost for mini in second room and it will have full independant use of all channels and recordings - mini boxes are NOT 4k. So basically just cable 2 off cat5 for smart TV and mini box and separate coax for terrestrial TV if you have an aerial.

3. chr18_8

chr18_8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers that sounds easy enough. Just an additional cat 5 cable.

If I was using the mini box I probably wouldn't need the smart tv features.

Any way for virgin or will I just need the extra box?