• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Running shoe help...

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I'm looking to buy some new running shoes. I used to do a lot of running but over the last few years I've not really done any and looking to get back into it.
I went to a proper running shop and had the gait analysis and some shoes recommended. Herein lies my question. Can I just buy a newer model of the same shoe (Asics GT-2130) and assume it's still aimed at the same style of runner (over pronation), or do I have to go back and have the gait analysis again?
For the former, Asics have now changed their model numbers, does anyone know how the new model numbers relate to the old ones?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Look on-line, it's surprising how many places sell older styles.
I get my New Balance 940s that way - cheaper too.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Yeah I have been trying. I can't find any of the older models on any sort of deal that makes it worth buying over the cost of the new ones. :(

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
I contacted Asics direct as I used to love my 21.. Series trainers but they said they couldn't guarantee the equivalent new model would be the same as they have made "improvements" ended up keeping my old ones and slowly breaking in a new pair but they still give my arches gyp.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I checked a few reviews and it appears the GT2000 is the replacement for the series of trainers I use.
If I can't find any from the older series, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get the new ones and hope they are ok.
I love my current ones but they are pretty old now, and done more than the recommended mileage. I dont want to do my joints any damage for later life by running in shoes that aren't properly cushioned.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Don't forget the American university study(not sure which one) the newer the shoe the more injuries you get, the more expensive the shoe the more injuries you get and the more cushioning in the shoe the more injuries you get.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
The more cushioning the less you can feel the road so you don't ease up in time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom