Running Pc @ 1368x768 on LCD Screen

ssjaronx4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Samsung LE32R41BDX ( Upgrading to the 40N73 soon ) screen which i use as a pc display. I recently realised that i could set the screen resoution to full 1368x768 rather then 1360. I used the settings from the samsung manual to set the resolution and refresh rates. The resolution change worked but in some areas of the screen the pixels kept shifting. Any ideas how to fix this? I have an nVidia 7600 gpu.

Has anyone tried to use the HDMI on these screens with a PC? My GPU can output in 768p so i see no reason why it wouldnt work but the manual says that it wont.

Also, does anyone have the 40N73? How does it compare to the R74?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Aron Johnson

Hi,
I have a Samsung LE32R41BDX ( Upgrading to the 40N73 soon ) screen which i use as a pc display. I recently realised that i could set the screen resoution to full 1368x768 rather then 1360. I used the settings from the samsung manual to set the resolution and refresh rates. The resolution change worked but in some areas of the screen the pixels kept shifting. Any ideas how to fix this? I have an nVidia 7600 gpu.

Has anyone tried to use the HDMI on these screens with a PC? My GPU can output in 768p so i see no reason why it wouldnt work but the manual says that it wont.

Does it do it at 1360? If not just use that instead, it's only 6 pixels for christ sake.:D

And the hdmi probably won't work at 768 as they tend to only accept 1280x720 and 1920x1080 (30hz interlaced). Only LG tv's tend to have up to 1360x768 over hdmi.

Have a play with the Nvidia settings.

I recently made a 3rd PC with a 6800gt pci-e (other HTPC's use ati: 9500pro and 9800se and powerstrip). So Nvidia is all new to me, no Hardware purevideo on 6800gt.......:suicide: , should of checked the spec's before netting a "bargain" on ebay!

Anyhow the 6800gt has a few scaling options, based on the edid information (in my case incorrect EDID) Display adapter scaling, centered output, Monitor scaling, & Fixed aspect ratio.

You could try playing with these settings, I use VGA purely to allow me to have 2 PC's on the same LCD. the difference in quality between DVI and VGA is amazing (on my Medion LCD). However the Samsung's VGA may be rock solid, IMHO on a 1366x768 TV a "centered" 1360x768 would be my choice via VGA.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom