Running in?

Yes. I just replaced the woofer in my sub and there is certainly a tightness about it all over again. Your sub will definately benefit from a long run in :thumbsup:

SB, why did you replace the woofer. I would say run in for about 5 hours.

It started to sound distorted and just not right. Checked by pushing the woofer in manually with my hand and it was making a scraping noise so obviously blown. Explained this to BK and I was sent a new one the next day. I really can't fault their excellent customer service.
EDIT: I would look at a lot more than five hours. I've been driving mine hard for a few weeks now and it's only just started to loosen up. Still not 100% as it was before. I'd say a good month of use is more realistic.

I deffo belive in run in, T&S paramaters do change from factory, it is measurable as has it been done quite a few times.

Drivers are often stiff, after 24 hours of good play they are nearly always a fair bit looser due to the softening of the suspention and spider I have observed this many many times.....

On new speakers and subwoofers I always observe 20-24 hours run in before doing any real critical listening to ensure the speaker driver is stabilised in its sound production.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom