1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running in settings on a 504......

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stonedog, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Stonedog

Stonedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    k help me out b4 i go and do something wrong)..
    nervous enough as it is after i just mounted it on the wall and dunno if its gonna fall off! :eek:
    not gonna get any sleep tonight)

i know i have to keep certain settings low for the first 200 hours but i dont know specifically which settings...and i dont know why either)
    can anyone share with me their preferences and settings when running in a new 504 for the first few hours (if it survives hours and doesnt fall off wall :D )
    how about all them improving picture settings its got in the menu??
    wife and kids expect to be able to watch a movie tomorrow and be wowed by the picture and plasma experience.....

thanks

Mark

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Have a look in the thread a few below yours titled "That's it I've got the Pioneer 434". Lots of great settings advice which should see you sorted.

Oh, and you want to keep the brightness and contrast down for the first 200 hours to prveent any early screen burn. That is, if it's still on the wall when you come down for breakfast :D I hope so otherwise your vacuum cleaner will be getting a good workout.