Running in new speakers

Jaf1987

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I am after some help and couldn't find the answer on here. If it is please don't shout 😉

I have been looking around for this answer and it seems a bit 50/50. Some say it's like a car engine and you need to run it in before you 'put your foot down' so to speak. Some say there are no metal on metal parts so it doesn't need running in.
I have 4x Dali Zensor 5 as part of my 7.1. I ran in the first two for 100 hours over the course of a few weeks before turning them up and they sound amazing! I bought my other two (to make my four) recently and wondered if they needed
it?

Thanks in advanced!
Mat

No need to run a speaker in so just use it like you would normally. A speaker will have a 'run in' period and during this time you may find the speaker starting to change how it sounds as the bits bed in but you do not have to treat it differently during this period. It is just that you will not get the true sound of the speaker (or the best out of it maybe) until after this period.

Thanks for your help guys. I will be enjoying the pacific tonight with them then.

Thanks again!

Jaf1987 said:
Thanks for your help guys. I will be enjoying the pacific tonight with them then.

Thanks again!

Paul Barton(founder of PSB) does not believe in run in. After 5 months with MonitorAudio RX-6's, I'm not sure if they changed or I got familiar with the sound. I only played them at moderate levels and I think that is enough during any run in time you choose. Ymmv .

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gonna get in my unfinished house to run speakers and wire in the family room, kitchen, dining and master bedroom. Im been looking around and these speakers are little bit expensive. Need suggestion for cheap ceiling speakers for home.

What speakers are expensive? What is your budget and how many speakers do you want? What are you using the speakers for (background music or something else)?
What do you plan to hook up to the speakers in terms of amps/sources etc? Do you want a central distributed system or individual systems in each room? Would you want all playing at the same time or individually? Would you want different sources playing in each one or the same source over all?
Sorry for all the questions but if looking for multi room system the costs can get very large very quickly depending on what you want. By understanding what you are planning we wll be able to better advise on the best route. By knowing your budget for speakers and the whole system we can also advise on wht would be achievable as well.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom