1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running in my new speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ttree sound, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ttree sound

ttree sound

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    How long should it take to run in new speakers and at what volume levels?

I have upgraded the front stereo pair of my surround setup from the PMC Db1+ to the PMC FB1+. They certainly sound a lot more open and detailed than the previous pair, but when will they be at their best?

2. Paulbmw

Paulbmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read years ago that some speakers can take years to run in and ever since i have sometimes used a few of these suggested tips and guidelines.
    1)turn them towards each other about 1 foot apart and play at medium volume levels.I tried it once and didnt like it.You lose all stereo effect so not much good if you want to enjoy your music.Its meant to be the quickest way
    2)Turn your speakers towards a wall and play at medium volume.I always use this method if the cones are all smaller than 7-8 inches but i dont suppose the neighbours like it much.If you got ports at rear of speaker it does give a softer bass than normal
    3)The bigger the cone the less time to run in(i found this to be true)
    4)Control your urges :)

Best way i found is to place them as usual and use low to medium volume.After about a week i start to give them a bit of occasional welly when i play soft bass tracks and after about 3 months i throw caution to the wind and do what i like.It works for me :laugh: :laugh:

3. aliflack

aliflack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0