Running In a New Plasma - Required?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by nogg, Jan 5, 2007.

1. nogg

nogg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have just bought myself a lovely new Fujitsu 42". The guy in the shop said running them in was a bit of a myth, but then said I could run it in low contrast if I wanted to for a bit. He suggested 50 hours.

The questions: Is this really needed? Is there any hard scientific reason why this needs doing? Are there any expert links to information?

I did a search on the forums under 'run in' and 'running in' and saw no other threads.

2. klythawk

klythawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  3. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,252
    If you spend this much on a lovely set, you don't want to take the chance of it being ruined....especially from advice given by a shop assistant. :nono:

4. sapper

sapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    A few months agon, I too purchased a lovely 50 inch fuji 58 series panel. both a representative from fuji and the supplier said there was no need to run it in.

Unfortuantely, I took this on board, and set the plasma for values they suggested and a month later I noticed a vague hint or the BBC news 24 logo. :(

Consequently, I reduced my contrast and brightness, and set up another memory setting for 'routine TV' with these lower paramters, and the burn has not got any worse.

As such , Iwould be careful the first 200 hours or so to errrr on the side of caution.

Adrian