"Running in" a D-ILA?

Mark Ward

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've managed to bag a bargain JVC HD550 in Best Buy's closing down sale and hopefully it'll be with me in the next couple of days.

I'm not really familiar with D-ILA but I'd heard great thing about the JVD 'HD" range of projectors so I've take a punt & jumped in blind.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether you need to treat D-ILA projectors carefully during their first couple of hundred hours or so?

Are their 'Burn-In' or 'Retention' issues that can be avoided by toning down settings initially? Or am I ok to go straight for what I think looks best out of the box?

Thanks,

Mark.

Last edited:
No, there are no issues to be worried about.

The only thing to take note of is that (as with all lamp based projectors) the lamp can take 200-300 hours to bed in. If you plan to properly calibrate it, I'd wait until after this period.

I'm not really familiar with D-ILA but I'd heard great thing about the JVC 'HD" range of projectors so I've take a punt & jumped in blind.

That's a bit of a risk, as it's always best to get a demo!

They are basically excellent projectors, at their best in a bat cave and at their worst with fast moving sports.

Hope you get lots of enjoyment from your new purchase. :smashin:

No, there are no issues to be worried about.

The only thing to take note of is that (as with all lamp based projectors) the lamp can take 200-300 hours to bed in. If you plan to properly calibrate it, I'd wait until after this period.

Good to know, thanks.

Tight Git said:
That's a bit of a risk, as it's always best to get a demo!

They are basically excellent projectors, at their best in a bat cave and at their worst with fast moving sports.

Hope you get lots of enjoyment from your new purchase.

A small risk, but I have a pal who loves his HD750 and I suspect it'll be a bit better than my current 7 year old Sony HS20 :D

It arrived this afternoon so I guess I'll find out in the next day or two.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom