"Running in" a D-ILA?

Mark Ward

I've managed to bag a bargain JVC HD550 in Best Buy's closing down sale and hopefully it'll be with me in the next couple of days.

I'm not really familiar with D-ILA but I'd heard great thing about the JVD 'HD" range of projectors so I've take a punt & jumped in blind.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether you need to treat D-ILA projectors carefully during their first couple of hundred hours or so?

Are their 'Burn-In' or 'Retention' issues that can be avoided by toning down settings initially? Or am I ok to go straight for what I think looks best out of the box?

Thanks,

Mark.

Last edited:

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
No, there are no issues to be worried about.

The only thing to take note of is that (as with all lamp based projectors) the lamp can take 200-300 hours to bed in. If you plan to properly calibrate it, I'd wait until after this period.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
I'm not really familiar with D-ILA but I'd heard great thing about the JVC 'HD" range of projectors so I've take a punt & jumped in blind.

That's a bit of a risk, as it's always best to get a demo!

They are basically excellent projectors, at their best in a bat cave and at their worst with fast moving sports.

Hope you get lots of enjoyment from your new purchase. :smashin:

Mark Ward

No, there are no issues to be worried about.

The only thing to take note of is that (as with all lamp based projectors) the lamp can take 200-300 hours to bed in. If you plan to properly calibrate it, I'd wait until after this period.

Good to know, thanks.

Tight Git said:
That's a bit of a risk, as it's always best to get a demo!

They are basically excellent projectors, at their best in a bat cave and at their worst with fast moving sports.

Hope you get lots of enjoyment from your new purchase.

A small risk, but I have a pal who loves his HD750 and I suspect it'll be a bit better than my current 7 year old Sony HS20 :D

It arrived this afternoon so I guess I'll find out in the next day or two.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom