1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running dual displays in XP question

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by RobsterD, Jul 16, 2003.

1. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,
    Ive just bought a cheap and cheerful 15" TFT display which I've connected to the DVI input via the analogue convertor of a 9500 Pro,the main analogue o/p is going to a Panny plasma.
    I'm trying to configure the TFT to have all the shortcuts etc and when I start powerDVD etc I want it to start the application on the plasma.
    So far I've only been able to acheive this if I clone the displays and then I lose the native res for the plasma.
    I downloaded ATI Hydravision but I cant seem to get that working either.
    Is this acheivable ? or am I missing something really obvious,seem to be going round in circles any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    rob

2. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll need to check the expand my desktop settings on monitor 2, then move the start bar and desktop items to the TFT (assuming that is Monitor 2)

3. GaryRees

GaryRees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rob

Go to settings - advanced - display and make your TFT the primary display. You then need to click on the overlay tab and after clearing the overlay warning, select Theater Mode.

This should now give you a full screen picture on your plasma and a normal desktop on your TFT.