1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by quattro, Aug 5, 2004.

1. quattro

quattro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'm planning on hanging my plasma on the wall and wish to conseal all the cables within the wall, my plan is to channel out a section of wall and have a letterbox type outlet where the cables will be connected to the plasma this will also enable me to run any future cables easerly.
    My main question is, is it ok to run the main power cable for the plasma next to all the scart cables and speaker cables? or would i be better running a seperate power cable away from the scart cables? another alternitive would be to have a socket installed next to the letterbox outlet and a short power cable going to the plasma.

cheers for any advice
    Quattro

2. dann

dann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am also interested in this, Can anyone help with the above question, Can anyone post pics of how they have done their cable entry/exit points through the wall?
    I am also after a very clean Install, But needs some Ideas

Cheers

3. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've seen people ask this in other threads before - have a search :)

And the answers where basically "yes" - you want to keep you power cable away from the other cables if possible - although whether you'd be able to notice the difference that makes on your screen might depend on your eyesight/techy-ness :)

Zedzed

4. dann

dann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok thanks for the reply, Have just finished searching through the current threads, will now do a search.