1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running cables under floor and behind skirting board.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by SilverPenguin7, May 27, 2004.

1. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I am soon to be re-laying wooden floor and putting new skirting in my living room. Whilst I am doing this I thought it would be the perfect time to hide away some speaker cables.

I basically need to run cables to the back of the room and to the front left and right speakers. What I need to knnow is the following:

1) Would flat cables be best or could I use normal cables and just lay them between the underlay so as not to cause lumps in the floor?

2) Where can I purchase speaker terminals, as you would find on the back of speakers build in to plastic squares, that I can attach to the skirting board so that I can plug the speaker cables in to these? Bi-wired ones would be preferable.

Any otehr little tips would be welcome :)

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I run cables behind the skirting itself, so nothing under carpet or the likes, I just cut a channel in the wall, ran the cables then the skiring on top to hide the channel. It allowed me to use normal cables without any issues.

I think you can get the terminals from www.letsautomate.com if you must! I preferred just to accept cables sticking out a bit since these little terminal things arent necessarily the greatest connection

ad

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380