Running Cables from loft to ground floor

dan~

Established Member
Reaction score
Moving into our first house 1993 construction soon and want to have my own cat6 network.

From loft to 1st floor seems fairly easy, drill at the top in the wood bracket then drop cables into the walls, seems no problem to me.

But I'm unsure on how houses are built, from loft to 1st floor, is there going to be another bit of timer, so unable to drop from loft to groundfloor?

It'll be great to if I could drop from loft to ground floor, with no more drilling. But if there is a bit of wood from 1st floor to ground, then how would I go about drilling a hole, as i'll no access to drill a hole.

hope that makes sense!

‘drill at the top in the wood bracket then drop cables into the walls, seems no problem to me.’ – you are in for a few surprises then :eek:

How your house is built is pretty much impossible to predict without a set of plans/site survey – though you would be safe to assume you are likely to meet some ‘dwangs’ somewhere in your wall frame (assuming it’s not block work).

Dwang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are good at DIY, have the correct tools and some patience you could take the job on – otherwise you may be better calling in a Pro!

Joe

PS And look out for those pesky power cables, plumbing pipes, alarm cable...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom