1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running an Xbox on it's side

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Ol!ver, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Ol!ver

Ol!ver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I use my xbox as a media streamer, and being a little short on space am thinking of standing the mahine on it's side. Now I notice there are air vents on both of it's sides, but cant feel a great deal of air movement. I'm going to try it when I get in anyways, but can anyone see any heat problems coming from this? I dont use the DVD drive so that doesnt matter.....

Cheers

2. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    did that myself for a few months no probs, got it back on the flat now but have a load of stuff on top of it. never really felt hot and played fine. Having said that, i'm not gonna be responsible if your xbox does blow up.

3. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    It's a P3 766, it has a vent fan on the back and (sometimes at least) a heatsink and fan on either the cpu or chipset. Your hdd is the only component likely to overheat and as long as you leave the box well ventilated at the back, I really don't think you're going to have much of a problem.