1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running ActiveX controls on web pages

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MikeTV, Nov 12, 2003.

1. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    I have changed my IE security settings to disable running ActiveX controls (which works fine). However, now I keep getting the following message:

"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."

Invariably, the page displays fine, which suggests the controls are probably just ad-company software. But the message is very annoying. Is there any way to disable the message, without re-enabling activeX on web pages?

If not, it seems to me like this security setting is pretty useless, because who wants to be prompted on every web page refresh?

Cheers.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Nope, no way to disable that damned annoyance AFAIK .. M$'s way of suggesting you're being silly in wanting to disable them .. or nature's way of saying use another browser. ;)