Running 2 monitors

Squibbster

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out how this effects my FPS in war zone.

1 monitor I’m playing war zone 1440p high settings
1 monitor is for watching streamers or sky tv.

is there a way to measure it accurately. As it seems to flicker between 120/170fps

I’m running

Nvidia 3080
i9 10850k
32gb ram
Msi unify mobo.

Does it really matter at those frames?

If it does, play a game with one monitor disconnected and then one with it on and watching something.

Does it really matter at those frames?

If it does, play a game with one monitor disconnected and then one with it on and watching something.

this is what I’m trying to figure out. My monitor does 240hz 1440p. You have a bad game and blame the 2 monitors lol. Now it’s stuck in my head so after a concrete way to see what it’s actually doing. I’m clueless and new to it all

Find an other game or two or three that has a build in benchmarks ..( not warzone)
run with one monitor then run with both monitors ....
and see what the results are ,

but seen as it's 3080 and your all ready getting high FPS , then it's nothing to do with the monitors because you "had a bad game" !!!

Online FPS ( first person shooters ) games will never give you a actuate reading of FPS ( frames per second)
you could try and find an empty sever and "walk" some of the map do this a good few times to find a average FPS with one then both monitors.

Or you could "lock/cap " the monitors hz to 165 giving you a maxim of 165FPS
between 165 and 240 your not going to see any difference ...

You won't get a stable framerate in any game, ever and from what ive seen of benchmark tests with warzone 120-180 seems the normal range depending on environment at 1440

I don’t really know how the benchmark things work as I’m new to it.
I have the Xbox app which has an overlay saying how much percent the cpu gpu and ram is being used.
when I have the 2 screens going and one watching sky tv it says the gpu was 99% which I guess wasn’t good. Maybe I will check again and see if it runs 99% with 1 monitor

So your watching SkyTV as well ( are you running sky through the PC) ?
Sky go app ?

Start the Sky app ,
Open up task manager and see roughly how much processing is been used by the app ?
right click on the task bar > task manager > (1st tab) Processes
CPU , Memory and GPU?

I will take a look at that thanks. It’s been 15years since I’ve been on a pc so back to basics for me. Cheers for the help

When you get chance , list a few games that you have , and we'll see if their have any built in benchmarks.

I will take a look at that thanks. It’s been 15years since I’ve been on a pc so back to basics for me. Cheers for the help

You might find nvidia's geforce experience tool useful, it will scan the games installed on your system and offer optimized settings, for quality, performance etc.

A video playing on the other display would very likely be using DXVA2 to decode the video where it offloads the video to the hardware decoder built into the GPU.

Typically that shouldn't affect the game-play performance though if the Sky app resorts to CPU software decoding that would affect games performance.

Go into the task manager, then go to the peformance tab and select GPU, in here look for video decode, if you the graph moving up and down the GPU is handling the video playback of Sky.

I have the Xbox app which has an overlay saying how much percent the cpu gpu and ram is being used.
Xbox app for PC for video overlay?

That’s what I get with YouTube running. Seems it’s taking up 35isj percent of the gpu. Guessing that’s not good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 26
War zone on the other monitor just at the start up screen looks like it’s hammering it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 28
When you get chance , list a few games that you have , and we'll see if their have any built in benchmarks.

I don’t have any other games atm lol. I guess it doesn’t matter to much if the FPS drops in other games it’s just the fact this is a first person shoot en up. Probably the only one I will play.
Any other fame is likely to be a single player fame

Does it matter if the utilisation is hi when I have spare memory available?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 24
Utilization is good that means the GPU is working, you don't want it idle.

You can see the video decode utilization active on the Youtube screenshot.

The windows user interface is hardware acclerated by the GPU so there will always be some 3D graph usage if just using the desktop.

It all looks fine.

Yeah that’s it
no I mean I don't know what you are referring to, never heard of that.

Only one I ever hear mentioned is MSI AFterburner OSD

Not up on the benchmark programs but is there not a freebie one that can be used for testing?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom