Runners Watch

Iccz

Steven

Senior Moderator
I've been patiently waiting for the forerunner 60 to be released and for some reviews to come out

The fr50 is on Amazon right now for £35. Very tempting as it is cheap enough as an impulse buy and not so expensive to preclude getting a replacement and having an OK spare or something in good nick to sell on

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
I've used the forerunner 50 and chest strap for a few weeks now and its seems great.

I'm just waiting for the new footpod to put in my nike air+ trainers to count footfalls/distance as well now!

If you are quite competitive it is really great as it uploads info to the PC and you can compare your runs over time.

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Do you have an iPod? Have you considered the Nike + iPod attachment?

AFAIK it does all the above for about £20

FZR400RRSP

Banned
I got the Nike+ipod free with my 16gb itouch, gen2.
At least, I assume it works, haven't tried it properly yet.
I did make the mistake of switching it on one night and visibly jumped when an American female voice said something to me!:D

Steven

Senior Moderator
Do you have an iPod? Have you considered the Nike + iPod attachment?

AFAIK it does all the above for about £20
The problem is that if you go on running forums and websites to read up on comparison tests, Nike just do not compare to Garmin, Polar and Suunto. If you go to the trouble of buying a watch to keep a record of your distances and times then accuracy wins out for me

Iccz

The problem is that if you go on running forums and websites to read up on comparison tests, Nike just do not compare to Garmin, Polar and Suunto. If you go to the trouble of buying a watch to keep a record of your distances and times then accuracy wins out for me

Yeah, I don't have an iPod either anyways, but i've heard nothing but good about the Garmin, very tempting at a low price, will take a look at the previews of the 60, maybe wait it out for that.
:thumbsup:

Steven

Senior Moderator
Garmin sell their non-GPS watches as watch alone, with footpod (distance + time), or bundle with footpod + hrm belt. The price fluctuates quite a lot. The price I quote on Amazon comes without the footpod, apologies

fr60 basically has a 3 line display (1 line more than fr50) and has a smaller footpod. Not sure what else. I imagine not worth an upgrade for exisiting owners, so it depends on what you want

Iccz

Garmin sell their non-GPS watches as watch alone, with footpod (distance + time), or bundle with footpod + hrm belt. The price fluctuates quite a lot. The price I quote on Amazon comes without the footpod, apologies

fr60 basically has a 3 line display (1 line more than fr50) and has a smaller footpod. Not sure what else. I imagine not worth an upgrade for exisiting owners, so it depends on what you want

Yeah I saw that, the price was still cheaper than the other site I was looking at even with the footpod.

Gonna give it a couple of weeks then see how it goes, seems a good buy though.

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
I got the Nike+ipod free with my 16gb itouch, gen2.
At least, I assume it works, haven't tried it properly yet.
I did make the mistake of switching it on one night and visibly jumped when an American female voice said something to me!:D

Does it work? It doesnt work on my iPhone

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom