1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runco Cl500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rexconde, Apr 4, 2003.

1. rexconde

rexconde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings all,

I am currently installing the CL500 for several clients in the near future. We have been pleased with the Runco Performace up except for their lower end units. . . Specifically the CL500.

Both of the CL500s have gone back for replacement at least once for either one of the two problems.

Problem one: No picture displayed, but light coming out of the projector. Not even the RUNCO splash screens come up, but blue lights come on underneath the unit, and the power LED is on Green, no lamp indicator.

Problem two: Unit doesnt seem to want to power down, the projector fan, blue grid, power lamp all stay on! But there is no light coming out of the lens or picture on the wall. Unit refuses to power back up. And mysteriously it happens every 2.5 to 3 weeks on a regular basis.

What concerns me is that a recent installation of a CL500 has recently gone down, exhibiting problem #1 as described above.

At one of the houses, this particular house is about to recieve its third CL500 within 6 months because of defective units. I need some help or some resolution to this. Is there a trick or some particular I'm missing in the installation of these projectors.

I'm interested to see if any one has had any such problem that I'm having .

Thanks,

Robert

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Robert,

Are you in UK? Can the distributor not come up with some solution?

No1: Is this on EVERY source?
    No.2: Is system controlled by IR or RS232? Have you checked picture mute is not on?

Gordon

P.S. The forum owners like members of the trade to put their details in sig file.

3. rexconde

rexconde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope,

I'm in the US.

I buy Directly from Runco. I've talked to the technical support and they keep blaming several items on the projector.

Re: The Video Mute:
    If you are talking about the sleep timer, yeah he had me check that too.

No resolution seems to be coming up. Attempted resolutions have included, changing the projector, changing the bulb, upgrading software. They hav blamed it on the bulb as a possibility because this particular one is being used regularly as a TV. But I dont see it as valid because its been happening since she recieved the second unit, which btw did blow the bulb in the first two weeks.

I'm thinking that part of the projector isnt turning off so it still thinks that it is still on, therefore not wanting to turn the unit back on. It seems like half the projector is still on since the lights on the underside, and the power light and fan are still on.

Her system is being controlled via IR, is it possible that code is getting messed up and sending a code that shuts off part of the runco?

What I'm really worried about is future projects with this prjector.
    We have installed a couple 1000s and going to install a 5000 here soon in a month or so.

re

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
  5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    The CL500 and the 1000/5000 use different chassis so I wouldn't worry about problems on CL500 aflicting VX's.

I doubt that IR is being corrupted. Nothing much more I can think of except perhaps looking at alternative supplier for sub$9000 projectors!

Gordon