Runco, being pushed a lot in HCC this month

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickBull, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what I've read, Runco have a very big chunk of the HC market in the US, looks like they have sorted out an official deistribution deal in the UK.

Never seen mention of them in the UK before, now there's a magazine full of them.

Wide Screen review love their projectors, has anyone seen one and just how good are they.

I notice they have a 3 chip DLP for £65k! Is this a comercial product, or is it just for the very well heeled Homecinema enthusuast.

I started this thread cos I am bored, so please humour me!

Nick

2. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll take 2.

Any discount for cash? :D

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,071
    Runco have been distrib uted in this coun try for ages. Forst with Path Premier...then SeeHear for last three years and now Gecko do it. Gecko being the artacoustic, M+K guys. They have a strong dealer base so I expect you'll see more of Runco stuff.

Much is OEM from other folk...IE their CRT's are Barco's. At the event we had a PFP-11 scaler.....on loan from SeeHear. I actually asked for a 3 chip DLP and one is in the country bu tunfortunately it was due to be installed the week before the Event...sorry!!!

At CEDIA in my hotel room just now. About to go have amore serious play with the Runco's. They have VX1000C and VX5000c on show along with two or three of the cheaper models. Cheaper ones aren't that great...VX1000c is pretty fabby with HiDef and NTSC stuff. The PFP controller turns everything to 60Hz though so it's not that great with PAL and the video de-interlacing i snothing special either. The DLP's from Runco are BIG boxes but they are very quiet.

I'll post a round up tonight perhaps...

Gordon

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [post deleted by admin (Spectre). Don't know if it's a joke, but taking the post as a jibe and so WARNING : make libellous remarks like this again and you're banned].

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,071
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.