Run out of ideas with my Triax Modulator

Hopefully yes, so long as you are getting 4k on your main tv and picture on the other TVs with sound then good to go. Do you have hdr enabled as well?

Just set mine up... swapped out the old Humax Foxsat-HDR and Triax Tri-link for the Humax HDR 1100S and Triax 103T.
The 103T screen showed 1080i on power up and I've touched no buttons on it.
HDMI from Humax to 103T, RF out of 103T (9v RF out but switched to OFF in case loft amp has 9v power - it did) to wall plate connected to uplink feed on Labgear 8 way amp in loft. HDMI loop through from 103T to local TV next to it.
IR emitter from 103T to front of Humax.
Two remote TVs with magic eyes in other rooms, their aerial sockets connected to wall plates from amp in loft. Three Humax remote controls.
All worked immediately.
Even the Sony KDL-32WE613 HD Ready set accepted the modulated RF feed when I thought it may need a full HD tuner for it to work (or the addition of a set top box).
Question... If I add a freeview aerial to the 103T RF in and then search for digital Freeview channels will these overwrite my Humax/103T channel? If so, what do I do? Adding Freeview would give a watcher three alternatives, Freesat or Humax recordings, Freeview, App TV.

Hopefully yes, so long as you are getting 4k on your main tv and picture on the other TVs with sound then good to go. Do you have hdr enabled as well?
Thank you for your help , it was much appreciated.

I have a 4K on the main tv and good picture on the secondary tvs, i do think when i am watching sport it seems a laggy but no one else sees it so might be my eyes.

The sound work fine on all tv and not changed any settings.

I think i have hdr enabled but how would i double check?

Is your main TV connected from the 103T?
If so, it's 1080p max surely, not 4k?

Thank you for your help , it was much appreciated.

I have a 4K on the main tv and good picture on the secondary tvs, i do think when i am watching sport it seems a laggy but no one else sees it so might be my eyes.

The sound work fine on all tv and not changed any settings.

I think i have hdr enabled but how would i double check?

In the Sky Q picture settings options it should give you 2 options for 4K with one being 10bit from memory. The 10bit is required to enable Sky Q to output HDR when it is present on the program\film.

Laggy on the second TV or main one? The main one will be just pass through so if it is that one then it might be your eyes or one of the picture processing modes, switch any motion processing.

Ah, so the loop through keeps 4k then? Just the RF output limited to 1080p?

The splitter being used has a scaler that will take the 4K signal and convert to 1080. The modulator won't work with a 4K signal directly.

Agree with @Jamie don’t think they are any 4k on the market as you can’t afaik get 4k over UHF yet.

Try that splitter mentioned or something like this one Amazon product ASIN B083JVPXDY
That should work nicely. I have hdfury too but it’s probably overkill in this case.

Just watch the sound output
Would that run over coax or only hdmi? I only have coax run, as the house has just been redecorated and the Mrs would go crazy with more cables!😝👍

Would that run over coax or only hdmi? I only have coax run, as the house has just been redecorated and the Mrs would go crazy with more cables!😝👍
To preserve a 4K signal on the lounge TV, you'd locate both the HDMI splitter and modulator in the lounge.

The connections would be...
  1. Sky Q to splitter via HDMI
  2. Splitter to lounge TV & modulator, each via HDMI
  3. Modulator to upstairs TV (or distribution amp in the loft if feeding more than one TV) via coax

Sorry to re-open this thread but I am also having issues with my Triax HDMI to COFDM Modulator - 300128.

I have the modulator in my lounge which is being fed by HDMI by a VU+ Solo 2 Satelite Box, I then connect my TV within the lounge via HMDI to the modulator (no issues here). The modulator then feeds my amp in the loft, which then feeds 3x Samsung TV's around my house.

Now the strange thing is that one of my Samsung TV's (the oldest one) picks up the picture no problems. The 2x newer TV's I have just won't pick the signal up. I have tried to manual tune them, have tried C24 / C36 and C68, and have also tried changing the output of my VU+ box to 720p. Nothing seems to be working.

Do I have some of the settings wrong on the modulator itself? It's really frustrating!

Thanks Nick.

RF wiring issue maybe? You don't say if the sets receive terrestrial TV (Freeview) from an aerial and the same distribution system...

First : Move the TVs to the known working outlet and tune them there. If they work then return to the correct room and sort out why the RF feed isn't working there (remake plugs sockets, move hdmi and aerial cables apart etc.,.)

If modulator is still not found:
The Triax modulator is DVB-T H264 (HD) codec.

Old TV may be DVB-T only and not Freeview HD which mandates DVB-T2, EU sets of a certain age would include the H264 codec so it will work OK = picture and sound.

Ensure the newer DVB-T2 sets are manual tuning set to DVB-T not -T2? (Perhaps?)

Other things to try will be removing the D-A (in case it's over-amplifying) and direct-connecting each TV to prove that... Either passive splitting or a lower gain amplifier?

RF wiring issue maybe? You don't say if the sets receive terrestrial TV (Freeview) from an aerial and the same distribution system...

First : Move the TVs to the known working outlet and tune them there. If they work then return to the correct room and sort out why the RF feed isn't working there (remake plugs sockets, move hdmi and aerial cables apart etc.,.)

If modulator is still not found:
The Triax modulator is DVB-T H264 (HD) codec.

Old TV may be DVB-T only and not Freeview HD which mandates DVB-T2, EU sets of a certain age would include the H264 codec so it will work OK = picture and sound.

Ensure the newer DVB-T2 sets are manual tuning set to DVB-T not -T2? (Perhaps?)

Other things to try will be removing the D-A (in case it's over-amplifying) and direct-connecting each TV to prove that... Either passive splitting or a lower gain amplifier?
Thanks for your reply Rodders53 and apologies for my delay.

So I did try switching the locations of the TV's which had no effect.

I then tried manual tuning for an analog channel using various channels on the modulator (which is what works with my older TV) which didn't pick up anything .

I have however managed to get it working (by fluke), and have found that it's coming through as a digital channel (on the newer TV's) and not an anaolog channel like it does on my older ones. Setting the modulator to CH36 came through as Channel 800 on the TV's. Picture is great too!

So happy it's sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom