Run (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Been looking forward to this for ages. Cheers for the review Cas, it's made it a priority now.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I found it a little bland with too many tried and tested thriller troupes.
However it’s pretty efficient, regularly putting the young lead through the ringer, keeping the the thrills coming although I never truly felt our heroine wasn’t going to make it through. Sarah Paulson was solid as her foe.
Ending left a bit of sour taste.
6/10

gunner84

Distinguished Member
It was just ok for me, but nothing original, felt like that other movie but not as good. Not a bad thing and its good to see some movies like this on Netflix for a change, instead of the usual tripe netflix add to the service.

7/10

Last edited:

Earthscope

Watched this last night. Fantastic little film 8/10 for me....:smashin:

encaser

I can't really say I want misery from my back window but I'll be giving this a byte!

muljao

Different. 8 for me also.

nomster

Standard Member
I gave up at the pharmacy scene - plot had potential but too unbelievable for me

gibbsy

Watched it tonight. Enjoyed it, built up nicely. Solid 8 from me and the boss. Certainly a cut above some of the Netflix dross of late.

Fake Shempz

Watched it last night with the missus, and enjoyed it for the most part - the suspense was maintained pretty well through most of the movie, with just one or 2 instances of me pointing out the classic mistakes the lead character was making and plot irritances (pharmacy scene already mentioned I notice!)

...however, and without giving anything away, I thought the ending let it down - and I'm talking about the very last minute here.

encaser

A technically able and adept computer and engineering youth that has been handicapped by the idea of using it to check anything. Ever?
This is well done but; it is littered with so many plot holes and a lack of invention, that it drags itself across the floor rather than ever truly getting up to run free.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
None of the plot curiosities (not sure I'd go so far as to call them 'holes') were enough to break my suspension of disbelief. The whole conceit of the movie was that the mother micro managed everything.

I can't believe anyone was let down by the ending; that was one of the films best aspects.

encaser

None of the plot curiosities (not sure I'd go so far as to call them 'holes') were enough to break my suspension of disbelief. The whole conceit of the movie was that the mother micro managed everything.

I can't believe anyone was let down by the ending; that was one of the films best aspects.
That sounds too apologetic on so many levels for me but glad you enjoyed it.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Sacrilege I know but I’m currently typing and watching this. Love the little easter egg - the pharmacist’s name is Mrs. Bates and we later find her first name is Kathy. :D

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Just finished and really enjoyed it. Felt the way it ended - I mean before the last few minutes - was a bit lower key than what had come before but well worth 90 minutes of your time.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Definitely worth a watch; an interesting plot, loads of tension and great performances from the two leads.

Habanero

We really enjoyed it, and I don't think this was just because a lot of the other Netflix additions recently have been quite bad.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

BAFTA 2021 awards sees Nomadland as big winner
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom