Run Display Port cable through wall

uniqueusername

Novice Member
Reaction score
Run Display Port cable through wall

Hello

First post here so I hope this is in an appropriate forum....

I need to send a computer monitor cable through a very small hole in the wall into the next room. The hole already has audio cabling in it. A Mini Display Port plug just about fits through the hole with the existing cabling which I don't want to have to remove so this seems like the logical cable to use. Mini HDMI plug is just slightly too big unless I can shave the plug down!

The graphics card has a DP output. If I run a DP to Mini DP cable from the card and plug the Mini DP end into an adaptor (female Mini DP to male DP) and plug the adaptor into the monitor DP input will it work? Link to adaptor here DisplayPort Male to Mini DisplayPort Female Adapter Cable | LINDY UK

Alternatively could I run a Mini DP to Mini DP cable with the adaptor above at both ends?

Also ideally the total cable run would ideally be 6-7 metres. But from researching it looks like with DP the signal will cut out after 5 metres? I've seen "active" cables can anyone vouch for these working and recommend a brand / seller?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom