[Rumour] White 1TB Xbox One, and March Dash Update

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by STANNY08, Jan 30, 2014.

1. STANNY08

STANNY08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,473
  3. MarkyPancake

MarkyPancake
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,773
    Why allow users to upgrade their own hard drive when you can release a new console and charge £500-£550 for it.

4. DJ KRIME

DJ KRIME

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    If the source is neogaf then it's 99% B###S###!!

5. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    If the white X1 does materialize later this year that'll probably be he point I jump on board, timing would be about perfect for me to add it and do prefer the looks of the X1 in white.

6. Mr Noble

Mr Noble
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,021
    1TB hard drive that'll cost a pretty penny I guess if the rumours come to fruition, think it's about time they enabled this extra storage feature as i'm running out fast, i certainly won't be running out to upgrade to a white xbox one though....

7. STANNY08

STANNY08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    It was thought to be a controlled leak, but it now turns out Microsoft are trying to press charges against the gut who leaked this and other info.

And the titanfall console is supposedly releasing in March to coincide with the launch of the game.

8. zt1903

zt1903
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,454
    Reading through the train wreck that is that thread I gather that the user ntkrnl posted some verified information, gained some credibility with the mods and then started trolling like a mofo.

9. iwb100

iwb100
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,216
    Could you say what he said that was seen as trolling? I really can't be bothered trying to find it. The number of supposed insider stuff on there that is just wrong or a half truth is getting ridiculous.

10. zt1903

zt1903
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,454
    When the source for anything is an internet forum then caution is well advised. Even worse IMO is the number of "news" sites in the gaming arena that publish "stories" based on neogaf threads :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would say his first revelations (march update, white xbox, etc) are the most plausible and most likely to be true. As he went on it just looked like he was making crap up and revelling in the attention.

11. iwb100

iwb100
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,216
    It's all become a bit like transfer deadline day. Like the BBC sports deadline day page 'Peter from Barnsley has seen Messi in the little chef on the M62'.

And I agree gaming sites publishing stuff based on some random twitter or neogaf thread is stupid. Of course people hear stuff and sometimes what they hear might be right or have an element of truth. But any genuine insider isn't putting stuff on forums or twitter, they have too much to lose in doing so.

12. Captain Speedy

Captain Speedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,033
    The main things I took from that thread that people thought he was trolling about were the platinum games thing and the titanfall console. The console now looks to be happening even that Pete Dodd bloke who called him out on it has posted on twitter that it looks to be true and MS are not too impressed with the stuff leaked last night.

13. zt1903

zt1903
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,454
    This is why cboat posts the way he does and why ekim instantly regretted leaking the valve presentation the other day (as he's undoubtedly going to be unemployed and unemployable within the industry in the near future).

Older members might recall Gabe being a bit vindictive with a leaker in the past, to the extent of luring him to the States with a fake job offer so he could be arrested.

14. kav

kav
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    The entire race to be the first to post new info is IMO more damaging to the industry than it is beneficial. People like Dodd dress it up as sticking up for the consumer but the truth is it's about ego, ego, ego.

Far too many man-children involved in the videogame industry, the lack of maturity in how it conducts itself as a whole is hilarious. For every sensible representative there are a thousand knobs out trying to make a name for themselves.

15. Int3rceptor

Int3rceptor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Am I the only one that would be extremely p'eed off if they bring out a 1TB box so soon after release?
    So our day one editions are out of date 3 months after release??!

That's a real kick in the teeth to the early adopters in my opinion.

16. Captain Speedy

Captain Speedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,033
    If true the 1tb would be the white (possibly disc drive less) version out in November.

17. STANNY08

STANNY08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    I haven't read the whole thread, gaf is usually a crap read so won't waste my time. Other sources have Suggested that the info is true so I've shared it, I only posted the link to gaf for the picture anyway.

Perhaps we could talk about the consoles and update rather than have another thread moaning about gaf, and supposed in the knowers.

I'd be a bit disappointed, but not seriously p'eed off. It's the risk you take when you but a console on release. I considered it before I purchased and decided to take the risk.

18. iwb100

iwb100
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,216
    Cboat is a joke!

19. kav

kav
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Sorry Stanny. :)

I would not purchase a white console, I never liked the look of my 360 as it stood out so much from other equipment. One of the small things that appeals to me about the One is that it is at home among my av stuff. And if I want more storage, an external drive tucked away somewhere will do the job.

The bright side for me is that a new SKU will probably mean a price drop for the original.

20. zt1903

zt1903
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,454
    I wouldn't buy a white console as I am unlikely to game in the Kitchen or Bathroom

A 1Tb box coming out after a year is fairly likely - and desperately needed tbh - I would have thought and nothing to get upset about. It's not like we had 20Gb 360s forever is it?

21. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,312
    As long as USB storage comes as promised and with no catches (none of this limited partition size nonsense again) then release what you want Microsoft, no Bluray drive hmmm I mean I haven't actually put a disc in mine yet so in theory I could use it but not sure im actually at the point where i would be willing to I lose it completely, plus paying more for less seems weird.

Hoping for NXE levels of dashboard updating, not so much the interface just the fine details, background streaming is at the top of my list but there are many small jobs that need doing.

Also im just not feeling the whole Titanfall controller/console design language, absolutely horrible IMO, not that I ever buy themed stuff but I was hoping for a more industrial gritty styling rather than this white clean look.

22. iwb100

iwb100
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,216
    People get very excited over white consoles. I don't get it. Not a single electronic product in my house is white, by choice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  23. zt1903

zt1903
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,454
    Agree. Not a fan of themed consoles but I hope that one is a photoshop job as it's absolutely minging.

24. kav

kav
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Indeed, I'm amazed by the love for the Titanfall controller etc. It's awful IMO.

25. Det

Det
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,082
    You're just jealous.

And obviously missed out on the preorder allocation so you're gonna hate on it like no tomorrow.

It's all good, I'll be playing Titanfall with my Titanfall controller while you noobs sit there and cry yourselves to sleep with your regular controller in hand while crawled up in a fetal posish. :rotfl:

Although I do admit the console looks just "meh" to me. Gears 3 360 console was pretty sexy so if they release a Gears console in the future, I may have to trade up.

26. STANNY08

STANNY08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +861
    The appearance of a console is not something that affects my buying decision really. I think the white one looks better than the black one, but how it functions, our the the size of the hdd would be more of a consideration. I wouldn't pay more for a certain color for instance. Although the missus probably wouldn't want the white one in the living room anyway.

Agree with you guys that the titanfall console looks a bit pants. I like the controller but not the console.

27. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    I'm not a fan of piano black, matt black fine but piano just grabs every bit of dust it can(the PS4 piano bit is bad enough and that's vertical, same goes for the WiiU, but that horizontal X1 was be a right dust grabber?), we're far from a dirty household but a day after dusting those piano black items are already grabbing plenty:laugh:

This is the reason I'd choose white given choice. My amp, turntable and sacd player are all in silver BTW, they may look dated to some but I still like the fact they don't show the dust unless they really are dusty.

Just my 2p worth.

28. ITRUK

ITRUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  29. Zzebedee

Zzebedee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +431
    It seems like a no brainier that that a white variant would be release sooner or later and an even more obvious step for a 1tb one to appear before next Christmas. I imagine sony will have done pretty much the same by years end too

30. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,819
    I think Sony are usually a little slower to release colour varients(outside of Japan) aren't they? I would think Q4 2015 for a non-black PS4 Europe and the US.