RUMOR: Mafia 3 In Development for Next-Gen Consoles

majnu

Mafia 3 is in development at 2K Czech for Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4, according to a new report.

2K insiders have told Eurogamer.cz that the next chapter in the series will be out by the end of 2013 for next-generation consoles. According to sources, the game was originally in development for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but the studio decided to make the switch to next-gen consoles last summer.

2K Games is yet to comment on the rumor.
RUMOR: Mafia 3 In Development for Next-Gen Consoles | EGMNOW

I Spiritus I

I still need to finish 2 lol. I was enjoying it though, so hopefully this is true!

majnu

i read that before, and if it's true then it may force my hand with the next gen console, depending on what the specs of the console that is.
I think a lot of games are being intentionally delayed as they are being developed for next gen now which includes Thief 4, Homefront 2, Sleeping Dogs, GTA5 etc

The games line up should be pretty good whenever it is out and Mafia 3 if based on Mafia 2 will be great.

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
It's RUMOUR! :lesson: :suicide:

;)

(Unless you're actually a Yank, of course. In which case, when in Rome, do like the Romans do and use a "u" anyway :p )

Anyway, there's an interesting point underlying this - how as a dev do you go about coding for the next platform unless you have a development version of the Xbox 720 to work on?

I suppose it's entirely possible that MS have finalised a specification and issued dev kits to the coding teams who have the release-day titles ready without word getting out. It's just about conceivable that everyone is abiding by their NDAs but I'm just a bit surprised that, in the age of the internet where information tends to get leaked and disseminated very rapidly, there hasn't been any real news of dev kits being out there and worked with.

Crovon

Distinguished Member
Lurking Lawyer said:
It's RUMOUR! :lesson: :suicide:

;)

(Unless you're actually a Yank, of course. In which case, when in Rome, do like the Romans do and use a "u" anyway :p )

Anyway, there's an interesting point underlying this - how as a dev do you go about coding for the next platform unless you have a development version of the Xbox 720 to work on?

I suppose it's entirely possible that MS have finalised a specification and issued dev kits to the coding teams who have the release-day titles ready without word getting out. It's just about conceivable that everyone is abiding by their NDAs but I'm just a bit surprised that, in the age of the internet where information tends to get leaked and disseminated very rapidly, there hasn't been any real news of dev kits being out there and worked with.
Ms have had dev kits out since earlier on this year.

They are the durango ones.

Crovon

Distinguished Member
jason g said:
i thought sleeping dogs was out next week?
It is, it's out Friday.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Ms have had dev kits out since earlier on this year.

They are the durango ones.

indeed and it doesnt even mean that the next console will match the durango. It could well be that the next xbox will be more powerful that that. If you remember the launch xbox 360 games were built on a powrmac G5 iirc which was far lower spec than the xbox

again, iirc the 1st game to come out using the "new" devkit which was based on the real final hardware was dead rising, and this rose the bar significantly in the graphics stakes

I could be talking rubbish however as its all from memory.