1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules of Engagement - what a fantastic DD5.1 soundtrack!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Squirrel God, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A fine movie, but I was literally stunned at just how fantastic the DD5.1 soundtrack is (I have the R2). It's 448Kbps and sounds superb, particularly in the first few chapters where there's lots of action. The rears are incredibly active and there's some moments of lovely deep bass. This would make a great DD demo disk and IMO should be in there with the usual "movies that have great soundtracks" recommendations.

Anyone else thought the same?

2. Cambo

Cambo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You've clearly discovered that singe gunshot that comes out of the rear left surround and scares the crap out of everyone other than your deaf granny!!
    Brilliant film.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah there was that. But if it was only that, I wouldn't rate it as such a great soundtrack. All of the action scenes at the start really make use of all 5 speakers and the sub. To name 2 other great moments - loved the blades spinning round on the helicopters, and when the protesters were throwing stones. Fantastic stuff!!

4. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Haven't seen that film for a while and so can't remember the gunshot but the biggest scare I had recently was "The Sum of all fears". I had just upgraded my Sony 930 to a 1080 and my fronts from 10 year old mission 733's to a pair of M74i's. I was enjoying the new found bass extension of the speakers and had the amp to -30db which was plenty load for most of the film.

Then, half way through the film.......out of the blue......A ****ing Nuclear Explosion!!:eek: :eek: :D :D Holy ****!! . It was a real Simpsons THX moment with windows almost shattering, hair pieces(metaphorically speakering) flying off, pictures falling of walls etc etc. I mean I know the story is about a terrorist nuclear bomb and all but you kinda expect them to difuse it at the end of the film

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0