1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rules of attraction

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by bunyboy, Jun 17, 2004.

1. bunyboy

bunyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    decided i wanna see this again but can't figure out which is the best version.. i think ive narrowed it down to the french 2 disker (with great cover art) and the unrated US release if there is one? is it a 2 disker as well? what's the cover art like? where can i pick it up?

the french 2 disk is expensive.. which is annoying coz it looks the best..

can anyone confirm or deny?

PLUS - im also after the killing zoe 3 disk SE only available in france! but im not sure if it has english subs of the french dialogue in the film and if not, is that gonna be a problem?

cheers

2. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Rules of Attraction - Apparently the Austalian version is uncut, I don't think the longer US version ever got released. If you're just after the nice cover, hmv have an exclusive over here.

Killing Zoe - According to Amazon.fr the subs are French only which is annoyong because about half the film is French and half is English.

I also noticed a True Romance 3 discer with some comments from Roger Avary - sounds like it could be interesting.

3. bunyboy

bunyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    the nice cover is the least important factor.. i want ALL the extras.. and the french version seems to be the best bet..

as it is with the killing zoe disk.. it just looks wonderful.. im gonna have to check out my vhs of KZ again and see how many french subs there are.. i could write them all down and read along with the dvd.. or maybe put the movie onto my hard drive and create my own subs?

i have no idea if this edition of KZ will ever make it anywhere else.. the french seems to get roger avary like nobody else.. and they're right too!

4. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    I'm pretty sure the U.K and the U.S versions are cut. 1m34sec for the U.K dvd and 20 sec for the U.S.