1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rugrats & Numbers

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Julie Winston, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone seen the new Rugrats go WIld movie? During the film, about six times, a number flasehes up in the bottom right corner of the screen - obviously there to be noticed. I guessed it was something that only the projectionist should see, maybe to change disc / reel or waht ever htey use now. The manageress assured me it was an anti piracy thing but I am not so sure. She got that from her projectionist - and he is very technical and would know she assured me!

Does anyone know what this really is, it did distract from the movie.

Film review - yep, pretty ygood

Julie

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

If the numbers only go up to 6, then it's almost definitely to do with a reel-change. However, this should not be appearing on the screen, as if the film is being played on a DVD (or other digital format) you shouldn't be seeing this on-screen information. If, on the other hand, the film is being shown on regular celluloid (or whatever you want to call it), then unless the cinema is old and still uses a reel-to-reel projector system as opposed to a spool-projection system, then the numbers shouldn't be appearing at all.

If it's an anti-piracy thing, then it's a very odd one.

I'd have another word with the cinema, or maybe see if you can speak to the projectionist directly, either in person or by phone.

Hope that helps you.

Pooch

3. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +642
    What a lying pig she is. It's actually the number from a scratch 'n' sniff card you're supposed to be given when you go to view it, telling you which bit to scratch.

Hope this helps.

RDB :)

4. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I found a reference to 'oderama' on the web site so that would explain it. The 'lying pig', nor any of her staff offered me a scratch & sniff card. I think a letter of complaint should merit a free pass. I will let you know. Once again, thanks

Julie

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Julie,

I hope you read this before you write or complain verbally: there will be a small note on the cinema poster (more than likely), that states the Scratch Cards are only available whilst stocks last. If your cinema has run out, then you will probably be only given an apology.

You may wish to try this tack instead:

a) State that you weren't told about the Scratch Card thing, in the first place.
    b) Complain that you weren't offered a Scratch Card, or told that none were available.
    c) Explain that the manageress lied about the "anti-piracy" thing, and that the "numbers" ruined your enjoyment of your film because you weren't told what they were for, and your child/children kept asking you what the numbers were for, but that you couldn't tell him/her/them, because you had been told something entirely different.

Some or all of that, should help.

Let us all know of the outcome, but try to make your complaint very strong, and don't take "no" for an answer. Your film enjoyment was ruined, and you want the cinema to make up for that! Free tickets, and/or a refund would be nice. Also, demand for the Area Managers or even Head Office Managers name, address and phone number. Cinema Managers don't like customers going over their heads, especially with complaints that the Managers should be able to deal with on a local level. If the manager thinks you will write or phone someone higher up in the chain of command, they will almost certainly offer you some kind of compensation, rather than just an apology.

Good Luck! :)

Pooch