Rugby world cup thread

kopchoir

Ex Member
Reaction score
Wow Japan sensational great game.

An absolutely brilliant performance, which could have serious implications further into the tournament if SA qualify 2nd in the group.

Fairytale stuff really, energy and the performance from Japan team was really something else.

Amazing game. Woke the little one up with my shouting at the end! Oh the sweet tears of SA sadness!

Wake up call for SA who apparently picked several players who weren't on form.This result is great for the tournament and the game of rugby moving forward.I would love to see a few more upsets (as long as they dont involved England).A win for Argentina over NZ for example .Won't happen of course,but it would be very ,very good.

It's not the biggest upset of the tournament thus far though. That would be the Paloma Faith rendition of World in Union.

Had a great day in Cardiff with the family! Huge influx of green and a good performance, with some lovely play and tries for the boys in green!! My kids loved it and it was a joy to see them singing along and cheering their hearts out! Canada acquitted themselves well and thoroughly deserved at least a try.

Couldn't believe the japan score!!!

England v Fiji day out

20150918_190335.jpg

Attachments

• 20150918_162559.jpg
    20150918_162559.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 20150918_162934.jpg
    20150918_162934.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • 20150918_202755_001.jpg
    20150918_202755_001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Damn it, missed the last quarter of the very enjoyable Japan game. All Blacks v Argentina was exciting, thought Barnes reffed it very well. The Irish and Welsh games were too one sided to be memorable, unless you count the Welsh injury woes.

With just one weekend gone the wife is already asking 'how many more games?' She'll have to watch Strictly on catch up won't she.;)

With just one weekend gone the wife is already asking 'how many more games?' She'll have to watch Strictly on catch up won't she.;)
Oh I know

Scotland v Japan 2nd half was awesome (for us Jocks). Japan looked a bit tired and Scotland were making and taking opportunities, a solid defence for the Scots as well sealed the match.

Wasn't expecting that after Japan's defeat of SA. Nice to see a good Scotland team playing well.

Had a fun evening yesterday at the Australia v Fiji game. 67000+ in the crowd and it sounded like 60000 of them were shouting for Fiji.
Not sure where the "swing Low..." chorus came from towards the end...

Didn't see anything in the Aussie perforamnce to give Lancaster or Gatland anything to worry about. And the best news was the Aussies didn't get a try BP - could be crucial at the final reckoning!

Not sure where the "swing Low..." chorus came from towards the end...

It's the only song the English know..............I know all the hand gestures to the third line of the first verse.:devil:

Watched the NZ game last night. Good first half but the second was dominated by collapsed scrums and referrals to the TMO. Before long some ref is going to ask the TMO if the sun is shining. I'm checking for a slight knock on, the grounding................did the front row fart in the faces of the second row. Of course they did!!

I'm not sure I'd want to watch a rugby (or football next season, for that matter) in that ground. Some of the seats looked a LOOOONNNNGGG way from the pitch!
Possibly the camera angles didn't help, but contrast to the Brighton ground that looked really compact and close-in....

We, the English, should be bloody ashamed when it comes to sport. The pool of players England have to choose from in comparison to Wales, the latter should not be competing on the same level.

Absolutely fuming here. Well done Wales. You deserved it and I hope the Aussies knock us out next Saturday.

What a fantastic game. England v Wales, best game so far? Gripping to the very end. Such a shame there were so many injuries. The contest between Mike Brown and Liam Williams was worth watching, world class fullbacks, I just hope Liam is not badly injured. Farrel versus Bigger, made your mouth water. Bigger to me was man of the match, not that I'm biased.

I thought England had won it when Warburton was pinged for not releasing. Replayed clearly showed he was not part of the tackle and legally played for the ball, 'Sam's luck', but Wales forced England into touch and we held out. But what a game. Off to take a blood pressure tablet now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just to rub in in boys bach. England 25 Wales 28. Arddechog.

What a fantastic game. England v Wales, best game so far? Gripping to the very end. Such a shame there were so many injuries. The contest between Mike Brown and Liam Williams was worth watching, world class fullbacks, I just hope Liam is not badly injured. Farrel versus Bigger, made your mouth water. Bigger to me was man of the match, not that I'm biased.

I thought England had won it when Warburton was pinged for not releasing. Replayed clearly showed he was not part of the tackle and legally played for the ball, 'Sam's luck', but Wales forced England into touch and we held out. But what a game. Off to take a blood pressure tablet now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just to rub in in boys bach. England 25 Wales 28. Arddechog.
We're not that bothered tbh, it doesn't mean as much to us as it does to you. Well done Wales you deserve the win but you've won nothing yet. Even we've won the world cup .

We're not that bothered tbh, it doesn't mean as much to us as it does to you. Well done Wales you deserve the win but you've won nothing yet. Even we've won the world cup .

We're not that bothered bull sh** ;)

England got what they deserved .. for the first 20 mins , they ran the ball at every opportunity and it tore the Welsh apart.. 2nd half same old cautious/boring play reappeared .. allowing the Welsh to gain forward momentum and confidence .. despite losing a good chunk of their side they deservingly won .. also congrats to whoever decided to take of Burgess and replace him with Ford it coincided with a 10 point swing to Wales.

I could go on a long rant about how England haven't won anything of significance under Lancaster, or how his selection and substitution policies are highly dubious, or how ridiculous it is that he and the rest of the coaching team were given long contract extensions before this tournament even kicked off, but I suspect I'd just be stating the obvious.

They basically through that game away. Terrible discipline yet again from the usual suspects. Two defensive centres who made very little impact going forward, one of whom very nearly cost a try and one of whom did. Can we just ask Clive Woodward to stop doing punditry and reapply for the coaching job? Christ, even Johnson managed a Six Nations title during his reign...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom