Rugby World Cup - South Africa v Samoa

jomike

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Myself and some mates went to the Parc des Princes in Paris on Sunday to watch South Africa play Samoa. Really enjoyed it, South Africa demolished Samoa 59-7. Go Bokke!!!

The light was variable and our seats were at the very top of the stands, with cables hanging down in front, so not ideal.

1. Some Springbok supporters outside the stadium

2. Our view.

3. Anthems

4. Samoan haka

5. Big white lens brigade

6. Percy Montgomery puts the first points on the board.

7. South Africa dominated in the line outs

8. Bryan Habana about to score the first of his five tries in this match

9. As expected, it was a very hard physical game (read: lots of punch ups)

The first two were with the Nikon 17-55mm the rest with the Sigma 70-300 APO. My first try at sport photography but I'm happy with some of the shots I got.

Mike

I love number 5 and can only dream of having one of those lenses

I watched the game on TV, and woosh those guys are BIG, I do not think I would get in the way of them!

I am going to the Wales V Australia this weekend, I would take my Camera but will be on the SA so best leave it at home :D

I love number 5 and can only dream of having one of those lenses

I watched the game on TV, and woosh those guys are BIG, I do not think I would get in the way of them!

I am going to the Wales V Australia this weekend, I would take my Camera but will be on the SA so best leave it at home :D

Some of those Samoan forwards are huge, and it's all muscle!! Mind you, one of the South African forward's name is Os du Randt ( the bald guy in pic 7). "Os " means ox in Afrikaans, and he is built like one too. :eek:

Enjoy the game this weekend. There were absolutely no hassles with photography at the stadium that I could see.

Mike

nice pictures - makes me want a 70-300 now!!

Myself and some mates went to the Parc des Princes in Paris on Sunday to watch South Africa play Samoa. Really enjoyed it, South Africa demolished Samoa 59-7. Go Bokke!!!

The light was variable and our seats were at the very top of the stands, with cables hanging down in front, so not ideal.

1. Some Springbok supporters outside the stadium

2. Our view.

3. Anthems

4. Samoan haka

5. Big white lens brigade

6. Percy Montgomery puts the first points on the board.

7. South Africa dominated in the line outs

8. Bryan Habana about to score the first of his five tries in this match

9. As expected, it was a very hard physical game (read: lots of punch ups)

The first two were with the Nikon 17-55mm the rest with the Sigma 70-300 APO. My first try at sport photography but I'm happy with some of the shots I got.

Mike

there was no problem taking bigger camera into the stadium?

last year in germany during world cup football nothing bigger than canon ixus or nikon coolpix was allowed into stadium :nono:
seems french are more forgiving than germans ;)

No problem at all, I had my camera with 17-55 kit lens on and the Sigma 70-300 in a camera bag. We were searched going in and they saw the camera and lens, but they seemed to be more concerned with liquids. Inside the stadium I saw loads of DSLRs.

On a side note, a guy wants to use some of these photos on an Afrikaans Wikipedia site about the World Cup.

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom