Rubbish SKY+ Installation

Gooner71

Standard Member
Reaction score
Had SKY+ upgrade this morning and after the engineer left found that the function to scroll through channels was really fuzzy. So were some other screens.

Phoned the engineer who said this was a problem with the Amstrad boxes and there was nothing he could do.

Phoned Sky who said this was rubbish and that there were no known problems with the Amstrad Sky+ boxes. So they contacted the installers who said the engineer would be back to replace the box later this afternoon. Well - watch this space.

Also, I phoned Sky to activate Sky+ as I can't watch any of the premium channels or actually perform any of the Sky+ functions. They reckon they've sent the signal - although 2 hours later it still isn't active.... Is this normal? Apparently it can take 24 hours (according to Sky helpline)

All in all, one dissatisfied customer here so far......

<Hello Hugh :)> :nono: get back to work ;)

Unfortunately I'd get used to it mate.

Sky haven't been the most helpfull when I've been dealing with them either.

R

OK - Then the engineer didn't show as promised. I phoned Sky and got the Box activated. Was asked to check the serial numbers of the viewing cards and apparently they had been installed in the wrong boxes d'uh!

Now have a working Sky+ unit and the relocated digibox is fine but the menu banner is still blurry and the best Sky have offered is an engineer visit on Saturday.

Hi mate,sorry to hear your troubles.My installation couldn't have gone better,i'm almost embarrased to say,but the menu banner might just be the contrast control.Have you tried adjusting it ? :smashin:

I live in Crawley and am just about to get sky+ installed after much pleading with the missus......are the installers around this neck of the woods a bunch of cowboys?

I'm worried now:(

I hate being an advocate for Sky, but...... my instal went well (as did the subsequent replacement of the box !!!!) I'm not sure but the offer of a brew & bite helped encourage them to take there time. Just a thought.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom