• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rubbish PQ via Aerial

Big_T

Standard Member
Hi peeps, just registered with this excellent Forum and this is one of what may be many threads/questions!!!

I’m in the process of sorting AV kit out for the whole house and my first question is with what I currently have installed at the moment.

Since replacing two CRT's, 1 Samsung 15" LCD for the Kitchen and 1 Samsung 23" LCD for a spare bedroom, I’ve noticed that the TV picture (through aerial not SKY Dig) is absolutely rubbish compared with the [email protected] CRT's I had there before. Used the same aerial cables and even purchased new ones and the picture is still no way as near as it was before.

I purchased a very good quality aerial cable and this improved the PQ slightly on the 23" LCD

Is this a common issue with CRT's? I heard the boards weren't as good as CRT's so this maybe the norm??

Will a booster help?

I have a distributor in the loft which has been there for about 5 years, I don't currently have a diagram of the complete wiring setup for the house, I’ll get this later in the week. I reckon some improvements could be made in this area. SKY Dig PQ is also rubbish on these sets when viewing via the dist box.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks..T.

tomandjo2

Does it get worse when viewing with both TV's at the same time?

If so get a booster.

Also are you viewing you Sky through the analogue aerial input?

Tom

Big_T

Standard Member
tomandjo2 said:
Does it get worse when viewing with both TV's at the same time? I will give that a go this evening.

If so get a booster.

Also are you viewing you Sky through the analogue aerial input? Yep, I think! I think I will connect my SKY box direct to one of the LCD's and see whether this improves. If so, does anyone know the best way to view SKY throughout the house??

Tom
T

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom