1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruark Vita100 package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by helix, Jul 23, 2001.

1. helix

helix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy a Ruark Vita100 package - driven by an Arcam DV88 and Arcam AVR100 reciever package. Anyone run this combo? Any comments - good, bad or ugly? :D

2. Ruark Acoustics

Ruark Acoustics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have the Arcam DV88 and AVR100 driving the Vita 100 system as our permanent demo room set up, we highly recommend them!
    Best regards - Rob Pearce UK Sales

3. helix

helix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rob - I guess if you work for Ruark I would expect a decent endorsement! I've seen/heard the setup in a dealer's showroom and was impressed which is why I'm interested BUT I want to hear from people who are using them in a real situation i.e. at home! :cool:

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't heard the vita but I have the contempary series and to my ears they are fantastic speakers for the money. Unrivaled clarity and soundstage. Try Sevenoaks, they stock them and will demo them.

S

5. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Hi Helix

I have the Ruark Vita 100 package.Although my player and receiver (Sony 536/Denon AVR-3801) are different to your spec the speakers sound superb.
    Bought from Sevenoaks in Hove.
    No regrets.
    Good Luck in you choice :) .

6. Russ

Russ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I too have the Vita 100 system and find them to be very good - clear, quite neutral and good soundstage. I took back a set of BOSE A15's and bought the Vitas. I found the Bose system to be too bright - sounds good initially, but not really hifi ! So in my opinion, the Vitas are good for music and home cinema. I have just bought an extra pair of satellites to form a 7.1 system.
    Also, they are very flexible in set-up and connection, something you will need with the AVR100, because it has limited flexibility for speaker size/settings. This means that you if you audition the Vitas and like them, get a 'high level' cable (£30) and connect the sub to the front speaker outputs of the AVR100. A good reference is www.aslgroup.com (There are some useful articles on the AVR100)

I currently use my speakers with a Sony 930 so I would expect that you will get a much better sound with the AVR100.
    My plan for later this year is to upgrade to a TAG AV32R with 7 channel Arcam P25 ammplifier setup - should then really get the best from this sat/sub system !.

I hope this helps ! But listen to them !!!!
    Russ

7. helix

helix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys for the input - it confirms that I'm making the right choice.

Now - where can I find a dealer to cut a deal on this package which lists at £3300? Sevenoaks may do something if I make a visit (so they say by e-mail) - any other ideas? I'm in Sussex, so forget anywhere North of London. :cool:

8. tfraser

tfraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    here are two contacts for these speakers I was considering myself. Both have the subwoofer as well, both at around £1000

Mark J. Ryan

Lintone Audio Gateshead
    7 to 11 Park Lane
    Gateshead
    Tyne and Wear
    Tel. UK 0191 4774167
    Fax. UK 0191 4772771
    -------------------------
    and
    Alan Wheal
    Branch Manager
    "Audio-T Southampton" <southampton@audio-t.co.uk>

I forgot to mention both demo stock I think.

Tim Fraser