Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Ruark Vita 50 Query

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Buckster, May 9, 2005.

1. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    I was considering getting a Vita50 from BKElectronics - but then found someone on Ebay selling them brand new even cheaper ...

Query is I'm a bit concerned to how they can be being sold cheaper than the direct manufacturer selling them ?

Or is this Ebay member BKElectronics ... ? The location is similar .. Leigh on Sea. He has sold lots of these subs + Vita 100s ...

What are your thoughts please ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3275&item=5771815439&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Thanks, Mark.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I think that if you were planning to buy the Ruark Vita 50 then the Ebay vendor selling them at £119 plus £10 carriage should be top of your list.

Whoever they are, they have a good Ebay feedback and seem to sell a lot of subs at excellent prices :D

3. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    Ian - thanks- did seem rather good feedback.

I recently bought for a hifi setup in my study a pair of Tannoy S8Cs - and was looking for a small sub to complement them - room is small only about 2.5m x 5m and thought one of the Vita 50s would work quite well ? Or should I go for a 100 ?

The only thing that concerned me about the Ebay trader was how they could sell cheaper than the manufacturer themselves - who are very cheap anyway ... ?

Thanks, Mark.

4. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this rings a bell, I seem to remember this coming up before and it was the general consensus that the e-bay vendor and BK are one and the same.

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I vaguely remember that too and I don't think that they were the same, but the seller is a member of the BK staff operating on their own.

Either way, the seller seems to have plenty of positive feedback so as long as the usual eBay care is taken it doesn't make a lot of difference. :)

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Yep, it's not BK directly, my money's on it being a staff member who gets paid in subs. :)

Good bargains though... wonder how long they'll start paying him in Monoliths?

...PJ :D

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    The Vita 50 would seem ideal for a small room playing hifi and there may be no benefit in buying the larger model under those circumstances.

8. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    Thanks everyone - thanks also for advice Ian.

Not sure why these are going cheap - he answered my questions but would not answer how he is selling them cheaper than the manuf - surely it would be odd for BKElect to give so many subs to one of their employees ?

Perhaps even its BKElect themselves - I asked to collect (as just down the road) - but the guy will only send - does not allow collection - which seemed a bit odd.

Just got to weigh up whether its worth the 20 quid saving to not buy direct from BKElectr - especially warranties etc

Mark.

9. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    £20 as got to be worth the warranty if the guy on ebay isn't offering one,what could you do if it went pop two weeks later,the chances are that would never happen but you never know. :rolleyes:

10. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah...I'd go with Bk for £20....if you have any problems, even down the line, Tom at Bk is an absolute star!! The 50 is a bargain BTW....enjoy!

11. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    Thanks guys - Bob - I was only guessing that the Vitas on Ebay don't come with warranty (they may do - it just doesn't mention it in the advert)

I presume a Vita 50 would go substantially lower than my Tannoy S8Cs ?

Thanks, Mark.