Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am trying to decide which to buy - Ruark Vita 50 or Ruark Vita 100

I have just moved and am just about to set up my room with the following:

Amp: Pioneer VSX-D1011
Front + Rear: Kef Q15.2 x 4
Centre: Kef Q95c

My new room is not that big and is pretty much like the picture I have attached.

Can anyone hazzard a guess as to which of the 2 subs would be best for my room?

I want the sub to be good but I don't want it to be to over powering. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Guy

Attachments

• room.GIF
    room.GIF
    4.4 KB · Views: 284
Bigger the better, you can always turn it down. ;)
...PJ

I can certainly recommend the Ruarks. I've got the 50 and its excellent. I'm only using it on the centre though with an xls for lfe. In your case I'd go for the 100......excellent VFM . Enjoy!

guyb said:
Thanks guys

I think that I will go for the Vita 100 (as it is only an extra £50)

But the XLS200 is only £79 more... ;)
...PJ

So do you guys reckon theres a difference in sound quality between the xls200 and the Vita 100?

Based on how good the 50 is....I doubt theres much in it, but I would still expect the xls to be better as its specs are closer to the Vita 200 which BK don't have on offer. The xls really is a class act for the money....and the size for that matter.

BTW the 200 retailed for over £800 I believe :eek: goes to show what a bargain the xls is, and the vitas from BK :smashin: Also shows that retail mark ups are pretty substantial.

I remember sound testing them, the quality is pretty much equal, the difference is power mainly

MSYam said:
So do you guys reckon theres a difference in sound quality between the xls200 and the Vita 100?

MSYam, like you I was torn on whether to go for the Vita 100 or shell out the extra for the XLS200. I reckoned that if I went for the 100, even if it sounded stellar, I'd have been thinking "...but the XLS200 probably would be even more stellar" hence it's probably best going for the XLS...PJ

I was also toying with either a 50 or 100, and thanks to input from fellow posters, I went for the 100, which arrived yesterday.

Even though I haven't run it in close to the 30 hours recommended, and played with positions, it has already made such a difference to my setup. The improvement has left a smile on face!

Thanks to those that recommended this :thumbsup:

smirf,

glad your happy with it. Have you compared it to any other subs or is it your first one?

First one. I changed my amp recently, and lost a lot of bass / presence due to the switch. Especially around music

My choice was as a result of reading this forum on the whole, plus popped into a Sevenoakes for a chat. They still had the 100 listed at £550.

I also wanted a downfirer, and one with a relatively small footprint. It was going to be the 50, but after deliberation, I thought I would be better buying the bigger one, to future proof a move to a bigger house! and as they say, you can turn it down.

Hi All

I received my Vita 100 yesterday. I haven't had time to have a proper play but first impressions are very good. I turned it up high just to see what it was like and the house nearly fell down :D Once I adjusted the volume to an appropriate value it sounded awesome - plenty of bass and rumble without really being able to tell the sub was there. It integrates with my old Kef Q series speakers very well. Can't wait to play with it more.

guyb

i am now thinking of one of these vita 100's? how are you gettin gon with yours? Happy?!

It is brilliant - I love it. Great value for the money - £200 as opposed to the original RRP of £550. The best sub I have heard for £200 by far. I used to have a £200 Kef sub and the Vita 100 blows it away - there is just no comparison.

:thumbsup:

stinky said:
i am now thinking of one of these vita 100's? how are you gettin gon with yours? Happy?!

Does it have the blue LEDs?! you know the cool factor for the kids..
EDIT:: oh how big is it cant find the dimensions! SCRAP THAT dumber here just found them! :rolleyes:

No afraid not - it has one LED which is Green when it is on and Red when it is off (it has auto on/off)

It is quite small for a good sub - 420H X 300W X 300D

http://www.bkelec.com/new/Special_Offers/sp9.htm

stinky said:
Does it have the blue LEDs?! you know the cool factor for the kids..
oh how big is it cant find the dimensions!

TVM, just ordered one! God knows where its gonna go though. Still no-one can help there!
Well, where did you put yours? on display or tucked away, behind tv?

I put mine at the back of the room next to the sofa (as that was the only place it could go!) and it is fine there :thumbsup: it works a treat.

stinky said:
TVM, just ordered one! God knows where its gonna go though. Still no-one can help there!
Well, where did you put yours? on display or tucked away, behind tv?

ah good plan! i automatically thought that it had to go at the front! but that would be ideal with a long enough lead i reckon! do u use it as side table?!
Seriously though did it take a lot of tweaking? i will be moving into a new build mid terrace and dont want to annoy the neighbours so placement will be vital!

I don't use it as a side table as I am sure things would fall of it when I have the volume turned up :smashin:

It didn't take much tweaking to make it sound good - best idea is to just play around with things until they sound good. Don't forget to set up the amp properly before hand (such as crossover feq, distance, etc). I have the volume on the sub turned right down as it is so loud that if I have it turned up at all the whole room shakes a lot.

Glad you bought one - I am sure you will be very happy with it :thumbsup:

stinky said:
ah good plan! i automatically thought that it had to go at the front! but that would be ideal with a long enough lead i reckon! do u use it as side table?!
Seriously though did it take a lot of tweaking? i will be moving into a new build mid terrace and dont want to annoy the neighbours so placement will be vital!

Dood man thanks for the advice! I'll leave you in peace now!
My amp has auto set up so i'll try that if not i'll just use the THX crossover setting and direct LFE to main and sub. Oh, I'll remember to be light fingered with the volume!
thanks again!

got it and happy! Need to move stuff around really but it sounds ok to me! one thing though how long does it take to go to auto off? i waited more than an hour but light was still green meaning its on!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom