For Sale Ruark Vita 100's 5.1 setup

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by fatboy frank, Feb 11, 2014.

1. fatboy frank

fatboy frank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    Ruark Vita 100's 5.1 come with all the wall mounting brackets and the Upgraded Ruark VITA 200 sub.

The Ruark's are a good few years old now, but were an award winning sub/sat setup back in the day and that was with the smaller Vita 100 sub.

The Ruark's are generally in very good condition for their age, with the exception of one speaker which had blistered paintwork on one side of the cabinet thanks to Clutzy (ex wife) deciding to put a halogen uplighter in the corner right next to the speaker. The damage is purely cosmetic and in no way hinders performance, this speaker also has a small indentation in the tweeter cone, again purely cosmetic and doesn't alter the sound.
    Last year i had the sub sent back to BK electronics for an amp service and an upgrade to some of the caps etc....Due to the added cost of this i would like £200

Also have a pair of Alphason AD100S speaker stands which the prospective buyer can have at the Knockdown price of £20.

I do have all the Original boxes so posting is an option, however, would prefer not to post as there is a glass top to the sub.
    The Sub has both High and Low level connections and i will also include a High level Neutrik lead in the sale.

Price and currency: £
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: Cash on Collection

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,372
    Frank you can only list your speakers once there actually for sale and you're 100% sure you want to sell them.

Please clean up the advert listing only the speakers you have for sale now.

Thank You.

3. fatboy frank

fatboy frank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    Done and please accept my apologies for the error.

4. fatboy frank

fatboy frank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    Bump :thumbsup:

Excellent setup for someone, i remember when i first auditioned these how much better they were than the KEF eggs. No mean feat as they were getting pretty good reviews at the time, however, this was quite a serious setup back then £2k+

£500+ just for the Vita 200 Sub.

5. fatboy frank

fatboy frank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    Bump

6. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    No Google results for Vita 200 sub..can you put some pictures up please and what finish are the speakers? I already have the Vita 100 sub and like it because the standby facility is excellent- does the 200 still have this and what size is the drive unit on it? Thanks

7. fatboy frank

fatboy frank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    The Sub is slightly bigger than the Vita 100 and unfortunately doesn't feature the auto standby facility. Pretty sure they only did the Sub's in one colour which is a charcoal grey/silver (grittex kind of finish) exactly the same as my original Vita 100. Have added a couple of pictures of the sub as i still have it in use, but the other speakers are in the loft at present. They are also the Grey/silver finish not the beech. I'm not sure if the drive is the same as the 100, might be slightly larger 10" .

The top surface is 12" square, it's just under 15" in height and approx 14" deep with the amp plate.
    The Sub also features Blue LED lighting underneath, which you can turn off from the rear panel.

Performance wise it has a bit more slam and depth than the 100. These Subs were all made by BK Electronics for Ruark and i believe performance wise it is pretty much the same as the BK XLS200.

Sorry i can't be much more help than that, i do have the Original Ruark Spec sheets if i could only find the damn thing.

Frank

Attached Files:

8. fatboy frank

fatboy frank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    Bump

9. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    How about £150 and I'll organise UPS to collect from you as I'm not sure the Vita 200 will be any better than my '100 but I'll take a gamble?

10. fatboy frank

fatboy frank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    I assume you are talking about the complete setup here ?

To be honest i think i've priced them pretty fairly and as i changed from the Vita 100 to the 200 i think there's quite a difference in performance of the two. I'd rather keep them and use them in the bedroom than let them go too cheap. As i'd already mentioned i've already spent £75 getting the Sub serviced and re-capped.

Thanks for the offer though.

11. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    How about meeting in the middle at £175 as postage will cost me £20 or so

12. fatboy frank

fatboy frank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    Thanks.................. but i'll decline for now as i'm in no great hurry to get rid of these and as mentioned, i would much rather they were collected in person.