1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruark Vita 100..worth the extra few quid???

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by TwinCityWild, Sep 27, 2005.

1. TwinCityWild

TwinCityWild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They say temptation is the mother of all evils :devil: . Well im being tempted :devil: ..i was being very stubborn about sticking to my budget of £150 but having asked the odd question to you guys and got some really helpful advice (which is very much appreciated)..im thinking of upping my budget to get the vita 100. Just looking for some advice on this if possible :thumbsup: I want to get a sub that gives some oomph for my movies and the ruark 100 seems to be quite well thought of for a cheaper sub. I know there are more exspensive and better subs out there but id rather not bust my budget to much..the step up from what i was going to get "ruark vita 50" to the "vita 100" i think i can cope with. This is the gear im gonna put it with..i have a yamaha DSP A5..Mission 702e's (which im changing to 773e's) 77c1 center and im in the process of getting my hands on some 77ds for rears. Anyway id just appreciate any advice on this from you guys in the know.

Thanks

Phil

2. tom_painter85

tom_painter85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Phil

i bought a Vita 100 from a guy on eBay last week for £181 delivered - he threw in a hi-level lead for me too, and i'm more than happy with it. Not heard the Vita 50, but if you think you can afford the step up i'd go for it...there's nothing worse than wondering 'what if...'

HTH

Regards

Tom

3. TwinCityWild

TwinCityWild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks tom..much appreciate the info from someone who owns one. So have you used it with movies yet??? does it give a good account of itself bass wise?? can you hear the difference with and without it? Once i get my hands on one i might get back to you on how to set it up if thats ok? much appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Phil

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I think it would definitely be a worthwhile upgrade. Larger driver, more capable amplifier and a larger cabinet. All of which are good things. :)

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    But then it's not much more to the XLS200...PJ ;)

6. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    And then it's not much more to the Monolith or PB10, and then it's only a small step up to the bigger SVS models. Quickly glossing over the small steps gradually increasing in lumps of £50. ;)

The secret is to know when your budget says "No more" :)

7. mabell

mabell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ive got the Vita 50, which I bought off of a guy from Ebay (new) for £130 (20 off the retail). It is great. Although I am running it with Orb speakers so it compliments these perfectly not too overpowering.

The Vita 50 is actually the same unit as the highly acclaimed MJ Acoustics 50, which retails at twice the price. Overall its a very solid and well built and sounds good enough for my first sub. Im not sure how it compares to the Vita 100, but I would say unless you have previous subs to compare it too, you willl be pleased with the 50 and obviously with the 100. Either or mate, both are exceptional value for money.

8. badhairday

badhairday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Do you mean similar or the same?

9. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i think its similar- same looking amp, same looking drive unit.

10. AngelEyes

AngelEyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    I have a mission setup (see below) and highly recommend the 77ds they give a good account of themselves for the price! It you turn them upside down and place them against the ceiling (in white at least) they are quite unobtrusive.