1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruark speakers - anyone have them or can comment on how good they r ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by spikeyboy3, Dec 3, 2001.

1. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have the mission cinema 7 speaker package and am think of upgrading to Ruark speakers, namely :

Dialoge One R as center - £400
    Epilogue R as rears - £400
    Prologue R as fronts - £1,000

AMP is Denon AVR3300 - will replace that at some stage with better amp, probs a Denon again as found it to be a good amp.

DVD player is Pioneer 626D

Any comments on the speakers or alternatives for similaer price would be appreciated.

Spike

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have these and they are superb. HCC did a review a while back and all they said was true. I actually went for the Prelude R's for the fronts as they are front ported and sit closer to the wall. Try them though, I was pushed to hear much difference although the Prelude sounded 'sweeter' to me. The Dialogue is one of the best centre's around and the Epilogues are fantastic little speakers that can be used as a main pair in their own right. I would highly recommend. They are also well finished and attractive and you feel like you have paid for quality.

One thing I would say is that they need a lot of running in. Not a problem but they will sound pretty naff when first wired up. I thought I had made a terrible mistake when I set mine up as the sound was muffled and raspy. Left MTV on for a day or two at reasonable volume though and they just got better and better.

I am chuffed with mine and will be looking to get the sub soon to complete the system.

Steve

3. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well ive gone and done it - bought the Prologue R's and Dialogue R.

Couldnt resist it anymore - chrimbo bonus was better than expected then went to sevenoaks and found that they were clearing there stock as the series II is out now

Ended up paying £599 for the Prologues finished in Yue and £199 for the Dialogue finished in Cherry - slight diffence in colour but im not complaining at 40% off the price :)

Just a shame that my cinema room isnt finshed yet else id have got the Epilogues as well at £250

And oh boy do they sound sweet - not even run in yet and there blowing the old missions away :) i just dont want to turn the sound off.

If anyone is thinking of upgrading i highly recommend these speakers and at this price there a real steal.

Spike

4. cpark

cpark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there is a Ruark contemporary II series coming out see the bristol show website.

I'm still tempted though, here did you find them for that price? :eek:

5. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Which Sevenoaks? I already have these speakers and I am looking to upgrade to either 6 or 7 speakers so it would be nice to get some cheap :)

6. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys - the reason for them being cheap is SevenOaks Sound and Vision are clearing their stock as the Contemparay II are out now.

I got them in the Tunbridge Wells branch of SevenOaks Sound and Vision - had the last set of Prologue's and Dialogue - but they do have a set of Epilogues in Cherry finish left and a set of Prelude's in cherry again i think.

However my branch did say that there were a few sets of Prologue's and Dialogues left in the company and they could get em shipped to Tunbridge Well branch if needed. Also if you check the SevenOaks S&S webby i did see some in the clearance section of the Sevenoaks branch as well.

If i were you guys id be ringing your closest branch first thing in the morning.

Good luck.

Spike

7. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You guys have any luck finding any more Prologues ????

Spike